By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Gamers: How do you play FPSs?

How do you play FPS games?

I use keyboard + mouse 22 81.48%

I use a controller 2 7.41%

I don't play FPSs (See results) 3 11.11%

Total:27

I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of FPSs, except for Borderlands, Crysis 2 and a couple of Call of Duty games that I have for PC (But I only play single player campaigns).

So, this week I got Call of Duty 3 for my PS2, and I'm having a very hard time trying to use the analog sticks to shoot. Gosh, how I missed the mouse to aim. I died a lot of times because I was trying to aim at the enemy and got shot in the act.

Is that a problem for you? How do you play your FPS games? Do you use keyboard + mouse or a controller?

Also, Call of Duty 3 is a very good game, I hope I get better at the analog sticks with time because it's so much fun.

Around the Network

If I'm playing on PC it's strictly mouse and keyboard only... but I can happily switch from PC to console, keyboard/mouse to controller, and feel comfortable with my aiming skill.

I'm mainly a console gamer, but I have played FPS games on PC before. I originally used a controller but switched to KB+M after people suggested I do so. I still have a bit of trouble adjusting but I think it's easier for some games than others. For Portal 2 and Quake it was fairly easy for me to adjust, for Half-Life and Deus Ex I struggled.

Yea, I never play FPS games on console, keyboard and mouse is just infinitely times better.

Depends on the game, games that are purely running and shooting I use M+KB, but games like far cry where you drive a vehicle, I use a DS4 controller, I hate driving with a KB.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

M+KB of course! Gyro-aiming if not on PC.

KB + M is better, even better than gyro. So KB + M.

Really the only games that I think are better on controller are platformers, perhaps action games, and maybe racing? (which to be fair, is a decent handful of games)

Link to the VGChartz Discord server: https://discord.gg/2uMTaYtv

Someday you will die somehow 

And something's gonna steal your carbon 

Is there any reason not to play FPS on keyboard and Mouse on PC? Whether you desire to be a pro player or just want to stay relevant playing any competitive online FPS on PC you need the best/most precise Mouse you can get.

CuCabeludo said:

Is there any reason not to play FPS on keyboard and Mouse on PC? Whether you desire to be a pro player or just want to stay relevant playing any competitive online FPS on PC you need the best/most precise Mouse you can get.

There are SP FPS games.

VGPolyglot said:
I'm mainly a console gamer, but I have played FPS games on PC before. I originally used a controller but switched to KB+M after people suggested I do so. I still have a bit of trouble adjusting but I think it's easier for some games than others. For Portal 2 and Quake it was fairly easy for me to adjust, for Half-Life and Deus Ex I struggled.

That's an understatement  

Link to the VGChartz Discord server: https://discord.gg/2uMTaYtv

Someday you will die somehow 

And something's gonna steal your carbon