By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 sold 1.31 million copies.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Japan - 0.31M units

Overseas - 1.0M units

Global LTD - 1.31M units

Looks like Monolith finally has a million-selling game for the Xenoblade series since Xenosaga and Xenogears. I hope that the third game will be even better.

Around the Network

Those numbers makes me happy because it was such an awesome game. Monolith is fast becoming one of Nintendo's most valuable developers and i can't wait to see what they are doing next, and going by the artwork that was released last fall is something other than Xenoblade.

I'm starting to love Monolith Soft even more than Square Enix. They're consistent, and get games out in a timely fashion. I'm looking forward to their new IP and Takahashi already said he has ideas for a 3rd Chronicles game. Can't wait to see what the future holds for the series. One of Nintendo's best purchases ever.

Sex sells.

Whatever is new. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

For all its flaws, Xenoblade 2 was a good game, and it's always nice to see games that aren't E-rated mascot titles succeed on Nintendo platforms, demonstrating that there is an audience for this kind of more serious affair.

Previous Xenoblade games were held back in sales by releasing on dying platforms and in the case of the first game being late and a limited release in America.

There's also the "Switch factor"; a lot of games seem to be selling much better on the Switch than their counterparts on previous Nintendo platforms. Kirby is another good example of this.

Around the Network

Nice! Very well deserved. One of the best games I've ever played, and easily my favorite JRPG of last year.

Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come for the franchise. Also more Mythra fanart please.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

curl-6 said:

For all its flaws, Xenoblade 2 was a good game, and it's always nice to see games that aren't E-rated mascot titles succeed on Nintendo platforms, demonstrating that there is an audience for this kind of more serious affair.

The thought of Xenoblade being a bar for "more serious affair(s)" doesn't sit well with me. 

Anyways congratulations Mono Soft. Hope your next game is even more successful. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

The thought of Xenoblade being a bar for "more serious affair(s)" doesn't sit well with me. 

Oh I didn't mean it as some kind of high water mark, just an indication that something with a bit more bite than Mario or Kirby can still be successful; Skyrim also demonstrates as much.

I'm currently almost 20 hours in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and I really like it so far.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

Well, it certainly sort of applies with X, and maybe with the original. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.