By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 sold 1.31 million copies.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

For all its flaws, Xenoblade 2 was a good game, and it's always nice to see games that aren't E-rated mascot titles succeed on Nintendo platforms, demonstrating that there is an audience for this kind of more serious affair.

The thought of Xenoblade being a bar for "more serious affair(s)" doesn't sit well with me. 

Well, it certainly sort of applies with X, and maybe with the original. 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

For all its flaws, Xenoblade 2 was a good game, and it's always nice to see games that aren't E-rated mascot titles succeed on Nintendo platforms, demonstrating that there is an audience for this kind of more serious affair.

Previous Xenoblade games were held back in sales by releasing on dying platforms and in the case of the first game being late and a limited release in America.

There's also the "Switch factor"; a lot of games seem to be selling much better on the Switch than their counterparts on previous Nintendo platforms. Kirby is another good example of this.

What are the biggest flaws of this game, in your opinion?

JamesGarret said:
curl-6 said:

Previous Xenoblade games were held back in sales by releasing on dying platforms and in the case of the first game being late and a limited release in America.

There's also the "Switch factor"; a lot of games seem to be selling much better on the Switch than their counterparts on previous Nintendo platforms. Kirby is another good example of this.

Personally I thought the Field Skills were poorly implemented, the difficulty curve was uneven, and most of the game's attempts at humour fell flat.

On the other hand, the music was magnificent, the story and characters were enjoyable, and when the battle system came together it was satisfying, so overall I'd still rate the game as a whole 8/10.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

JamesGarret said:
curl-6 said:

I love Xenoblade 2  but it is a very flawed game. 

- The lack of a unified world map

- The issues with glitches and objects you can just phase right through. 

- The  various quality of life issues they have and haven't addressed via the updates. Such as the lack of substantial item management filters at launch. 

- Various large and unused areas along with small areas.

It is a great game but the rush to get it out of the door is evident.

Last edited by NoirSon - on 27 April 2018

That's great, I like to see when this kind of game sells well. To think that we had to beg Nintendo to get the first game localized in NA.

Around the Network
NoirSon said:
JamesGarret said:

I love Xenoblade 2  but it is a very flawed game. 

- The lack of a unified world map

- The issues with glitches and objects you can just phase right through. 

- The  various quality of life issues they have and haven't addressed via the updates. Such as the lack of substantial item management filters at launch. 

- Various large and unused areas along with small areas.

It is a great game but the rush to get it out of the door is evident.

Yeah XB2 did feel quite rushed, with a lot of rough edges you usually never see in a first party Nintendo game; besides the game's technical hiccups in terms of framerate and portable resolution, I encountered bugs like the music glitching out, leaving me playing in silence after a battle until combat started again. Never anything game breaking, just a lack of polish compared to even previous Xenoblade games.

I get the feeling that in any other year Nintendo would have delayed it by a few months to iron out the kinks, but given how critical Switch's first year was they decided that having a stacked lineup was more important.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Really glad to hear. I really loved the game and I really want to do NG+ whenever I get the chance. Heck, I'm thinking of getting the DLC as well so I could get the extra blades and other goods.

I hope this game can at least continue to sell up to 2 mil at least. It really is a great title.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Playing through the game now. It's really good, though their are times where the budget shows so hopefully this success leads to an increased budget for the next game!

So now if it could get to that sweet 2M spot in LT sales ...

Anywoo, it seems like Monolith Soft is on a rampage with it's output lately, can't wait to see what their next project, beyond the pictures we saw, will be.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

If Xenoblade X chronicles come to Switch will they also sell million copies ? I hope they are porting it to Switch .