By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima: Nintendo will continue to make 3DS software in 2019 and beyond!

Yerm said:
but... WHY?

the 3DS is now 7 years old. and while it is a great handheld, it has run its course and simply isnt needed anymore. im excited to see Bowser's Inside story getting remade but I would be even more excited if it was on the Switch so i could play it on the go or on the big screen. toting a 3DS around at this point just feels like a chore, and its no secret that they can get pretty banged up after a few years of use. im at the point where i feel like i should be buying a new model but i just dont want to feel like i have to

Why?  Because there are 71 million 3DS out there and only like 16million Switches, it's all about numbers and profits my friend...

Around the Network
darkrulier said:
Yerm said:
but... WHY?

the 3DS is now 7 years old. and while it is a great handheld, it has run its course and simply isnt needed anymore. im excited to see Bowser's Inside story getting remade but I would be even more excited if it was on the Switch so i could play it on the go or on the big screen. toting a 3DS around at this point just feels like a chore, and its no secret that they can get pretty banged up after a few years of use. im at the point where i feel like i should be buying a new model but i just dont want to feel like i have to

Why?  Because there are 71 million 3DS out there and only like 16million Switches, it's all about numbers and profits my friend...

71 million 3DS consoles... not 71 million 3DS users. I personally own 2. i have multiple friends that own at least 2, and some people even own 3 or more. not to mention there are likely a few million used 3DS consoles just sitting on store shelves not belonging to anybody. im willing to bet out of those 71 million units sold, you only really have 35 million users at most

darkrulier said:
Yerm said:
but... WHY?

By that logic Fire emblem Warriors should have sold best on 3DS. but it didn't. I have no intention of buying more 3DS games, but would have bought both Luigi's Mansion and Mario&Luigi if they were on Switch

I sure wish Luigi's Manson was Luigi's Manson 3 instead of a lousy port.

AlfredoTurkey said:

Im glad its a port and not LM3, would rather they save LM3 for Switch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

If that actually happens then I agree. I was assuming it wouldn't.

No need to make a storm over this. Small projects, old ports and localizations for 3DS won't take any significant resources from the Switch.

3DS is in it's 8th year, with its successor alongside and with a really outdated hw, yet still selling significant numbers. It would be stupid to Nintendo ignore this, but it would be even more stupid to take away the focus of the Switch.

Last edited by 160rmf - on 28 April 2018

We reap what we sow

AlfredoTurkey said:
zorg1000 said:

If that actually happens then I agree. I was assuming it wouldn't.

I think its a possibility for a 2019 release.

Next Level Games released LM2 in 2013 followed up by Federation Force in 2016 so they are likely due for a new game in 2019 and considering LM2 sold over 5 million and is by far the best selling game they ever made than LM3 is a strong candidate.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

160rmf said:
No need to make a storm over this. Small projects, old ports and localizations for 3DS won't take any significant resources from the Switch. 3DS is in it's 8th year, with its successor alongside and a really outdated hw, yet still selling significant numbers. It would be stupid to Nintendo ignore this, but it would be even more stupid to take away the focus of the Switch.

Its also a good way for some smaller studios to make some money while transitioning to HD development.

For example, Alpha Dream only has a team of like 30 people and 3DS is the most powerful hardware they have ever released a game for.

Its going to take a while for them to get accustomed to developing for Switch so making these low budget remakes for 3DS is a good way for them to make money.

I would be unbothered if the 3DS became the port console...
Wave Race Blue Storm...
Eternal Darkness...
F-Zero GX...
Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn...

Have a nice day...