By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Increasing Investment on Gaming

Pretty good to see. Hopefully this means more MS published and first party content.

Around the Network

Does that mean creating/purchasing new studios to increase 1st party content or will it be investing more into things like timed exclusives & exclusive marketing/bundles?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Haven't they been investing for years already ? But I am not sure where the money is spent

That dude has clearly never read teh Chartz.

Well great news then , i hope they just don't make games, but makes great games and investing it on their own game studio like Forza Horizon series.

Around the Network

Microsoft needs to keep investing in GAAS. I don't care what anyone says, those games make the bucks. Or at least implement it in their single player games.

zorg1000 said:
Does that mean creating/purchasing new studios to increase 1st party content or will it be investing more into things like timed exclusives & exclusive marketing/bundles?

iirc marketing is part of another budget so this money is going into the gaming division so hopefully more studios and games. Especially with gamepass now a thing MS will need to increase their output to keep people subbed.

jason1637 said:
zorg1000 said:

iirc marketing is part of another budget so this money is going into the gaming division so hopefully more studios and games. Especially with gamepass now a thing MS will need to increase their output to keep people subbed.

I wonder if they will pay third parties to put their games in Gamepass.  Seems like a reasonable idea to me.  They're certainly not going to get Call of Duty at launch.  But, they may be able to get Assassins Creed after a year.  

Hopefully that fact that gaming is listed 1st that means that it’s getting the most.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

zorg1000 said:

Likely neither and moreso GaaS and Gamepass stuff or even investment in XB2.

But the leaked E3 thing did suggest a few exclusive marketing stuff.