By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which currently dormant Microsoft-owned IP would you most like to see rebooted?

Which currently dormant Microsoft-owned IP would you most like to see rebooted?

Banjo-Kazooie 261 21.95%

Battletoads 106 8.92%

Conker 128 10.77%

Fable 195 16.40%

Kameo 27 2.27%

Lost Odyssey 142 11.94%

Perfect Dark 166 13.96%

Project Gotham Racing 52 4.37%

Viva Pinata 48 4.04%

Other 64 5.38%

Total:1,189

Freelancer and Black and White.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I'd love to see Banjo-Kazooie, Battletoads, and Conker be brought back.

I'm still surprised that we haven't seen a new Battletoads in the past few years, they brought them back into Shovel Knight on Xbox, made them playable fighters in Killer Instinct too. I thought all of that would eventually lead to them bringing a new game too since they seemed to be focused on the Battletoads IP all of a sudden, but I guess not since it's been years now. I even made a thread about it years ago because I really thought it was maybe leading towards a new game.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=206679&page=1

Oh well. 

Hm, tough choice between Perfect Dark and Lost Odyssey..... I'll go with Lost Odyssey.

• Fable.
  • Black & White.
  • Freelancer.
  • Conker.
  • Perfect Dark.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Black and White would be on top of my list.

I voted for Fable though because Microsoft could really use a solid single player RPG-esque experience.

Around the Network

Rise of Nations

Fable or Lost Odyssey are about all they have that interest me.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

None of them, and I'll tell you why. What made those games great was the era in which they launched and, more importantly, the people MAKING them. All of Rare has been gutted since their glory days. The same for Lionhead. Without the guys who made them originally, you're left with an empty vessel without a soul.

I'd rather IP die than be whored out like this.

Kameo and Project Gotham Racing would be worthy reboots. PGR has got to come back to replace Forza Motorsport for a year.
Kameo was just so much fun for me as a child, I replayed it on my One a couple of times. It is definitely evident that people want more from Rare than just new big games like Sea of Thieves. Let that studio relive it's golden days!.

Definitely Fable for me, because there's just so much untapped potential there. These games thrived due to the charm, and the humor that they brought to the table. The world, and the people they populated it with had genuine character, which made the whole thing a standout experience. That said, the game mechanics this world was built around were all quite average, and in many cases half-assed, or unfinished. Playing them always put me in this weird spot, where I'm thinking "man I really want more of this......but please let a better developer make it." Not really a line of thinking one usually associates with games they like.