By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Question for GT Sport players

SvennoJ said:

To say I play it a lot is an understatement

Distinct Days Game Access 185
Sport Mode Completed Races 2558 (2563*)
Sport Mode Performances 46,313 (in the Top 1%)
Sport Mode Sportmanship (SR)99/99
Sport Mode Wins 242
Sport Mode Consecutive Clean Races 16
Sport Mode Pole Position 172
Sport Mode Fastest Laps 185
Campaign School 100 %
Campaign Circuit 100 %
Campaign Mission 100 %
Car(s) 382
Car(s) bought 165
Credits earned 198,511,970
Mi earned 647,641
Xp Level50 | 100% (651257 pts)
Distance driven 118,229.904 Km
Time driven 30 days, 1 hours, 27 min and 41 s.
Profile iD1495257 (Link to Official)
Followers 66

Sport mode really is the star of the game though. It's well worth getting ps+ for. I've been playing sport mode races every night since release.

The offline content is beefy with the added GT League events. The AI isn't bad yet once you've raced well matched human players you don't want to go back. I have not played the added GT League events since reaching level 50, Sport mode is much more fun. Offline it's still the same handicap yourself to get a challenge, while anything but a win feels a waste of time. Online it's the opposite, it doesn't take long before the ranking system puts you with competitive players and a close 6 lap battle for 12th place is hundred times better than winning race after race against the AI. 

VR is a nice addition yet since there's only time trial I don't play it much.

There are plenty cars and more are added each month including a new track or new variation. It handles great with a DS4 (I don't have a wheel), most fun to drive of all the racing games I have played including previous GT games.

Oh and it looks amazing in 4K HDR, runs perfectly. GT4 was fun yet the screen tearing and dropping to half vertical resolution didn't do it any favors. GT6 remains king for content for now yet the online servers were shut down about a month ago. Tons of content there anyway.

I'll keep playing Sport mode as long as the race combinations remain fun, plenty to race online with all the different car groups.

Based on the amount you've played, did you get that thing where you essentially earn a real-life license? I don't know the specifics or what it entails, but I remember reading that there were criteria you could meet with this game to earn one. 

I got this game about a week ago with a VR headset and while I'd like to jump in and play some of the beefier components of the game, I've been having way too much fun watching my senior parents trying to drive the cars in VR

Around the Network

Yeesh... talk about conflicting opinions. I really didn't think there'd be such a wide range of feelings on the game. I mean, I know we all have our opinions etc. but what I was asking... at least I thought it was more factual based.

I really just wanted to know if GTS held up in offline content to GT3/GT4. That if I didn't play it online, if I would still love it as much as I love the PS2 games.

AlfredoTurkey said:

Yeesh... talk about conflicting opinions. I really didn't think there'd be such a wide range of feelings on the game. I mean, I know we all have our opinions etc. but what I was asking... at least I thought it was more factual based.

I really just wanted to know if GTS held up in offline content to GT3/GT4. That if I didn't play it online, if I would still love it as much as I love the PS2 games.

It’s in a whole different league than the old games in everything else but pure content.

You’ll love it. If you love cars you’ll like it a lot. 

fielding88 said:

Based on the amount you've played, did you get that thing where you essentially earn a real-life license? I don't know the specifics or what it entails, but I remember reading that there were criteria you could meet with this game to earn one. 

I got this game about a week ago with a VR headset and while I'd like to jump in and play some of the beefier components of the game, I've been having way too much fun watching my senior parents trying to drive the cars in VR

Ha ha no. You need to be top 24 material first, I'm not fast enough to set any top 10 times or reach the 75k DR required to enter the top 24 superstar races. The highest I've reached was 55K from a particular car track combo I'm very good at. It tanked right after again when the races changed. My win ratio is less than 10%, I might be in the top 1% yet that's not good enough.

The actual competition hasn't started yet, still test seasons. It should start soon though. There are local competitions now and then to earn prizes, for example: https://worldgaming.com/events/GTSport/

I've raced some of those people online, or rather have seen them drive away in the distance :)

John2290 said:

How did you manage to get that chart?

Make an account here and it will start tracking your race results. It has a ton of useful info. However the creator is working through some stuff at home so the site is often down. https://www.jasonguernsey.net/gts/home

You don't need to sign up for KudosPrime and that has stats from when the game was launched. Just enter your psn ID and you get a graph of your DR and SR plus all the stats I listed http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=search

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

It’s in a whole different league than the old games in everything else but pure content.

You’ll love it. If you love cars you’ll like it a lot. 

Ok, thank you. I do love racing games and GT in particular so I'll take your word for it and give it a shot.

I miss the tuning and customization options of GT3. GT Sport doesn't compare in that regard. I mostly plays single player. GT Sport is a beautiful package (post patch)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

AlfredoTurkey said:

This game has divided opinions.

On content itself it is a lot lower than GT3/GT4, but the quality is very high and the challenges are good and rewarding instead of frustratingly hard.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Signalstar said:
I miss the tuning and customization options of GT3. GT Sport doesn't compare in that regard. I mostly plays single player. GT Sport is a beautiful package (post patch)

One of my favorite things about GT3 is the F090S. Once you unlock that shit, the field doesn't stand a chance. lol

DonFerrari said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

This game has divided opinions.

On content itself it is a lot lower than GT3/GT4, but the quality is very high and the challenges are good and rewarding instead of frustratingly hard.

Thanks. I've decided to pick it up and see for myself. All of you guys seem to enjoy it regardless so, I'm sure it's worth the 35 dollars. I just didn't want to get it and feel like it was a total waste of money.