By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Opinion): God of War has the best side Content/End Game content ever

Best side content among these eight contenders.

The Witcher 3. 9 21.43%

God of War. 15 35.71%

GTA 5. 0 0%

Zelda BoTW 10 23.81%

Horizon Zero dawn. 2 4.76%

NieR Automata. 1 2.38%

Bloodborne/Souls 3 1 2.38%

Nioh 0 0%

Other/commetns/middle America... 4 9.52%

Total:42

How did Horizon get close? Sorry friend, but 99% of all RPG's/Adventure games have shockingly too much filler, witcher 3 included. It's about time games treated side quests in the same manner as main missions.

Around the Network

Haven't beaten the game. Not sure how close I am. Just got the light arrows yesterday (hopefully that statement is vague enough to not spoil the game for anyone). I'm looking forward to seeing the content you're speaking of!

For me, games like this are to be savoured. We don't get experiences like this very often.

I've completed it and on my next playthrough I will begin to work on the post game content.. I'm excited and I will let you know

John2290 said:

Note: Please use spoiler tag for spoilers.

I love these hyperbolic statements going round that God of war is the GoTG and all of that, love seeing people excited to that point. However I think it's getting harder and harder to see a clear GoTG that isn't based on opinion. One thing however that can be said in GoW favour beyond the fact that the game is an incredible masterpiece in almost all aspects, is quality all the way through and still manages to evoke a feeling of progression and gaining more power as any good GoW game should and has little to few technical issues something very few games achieve these days. Besides that...

I'm not done with GoW so I can't comment on the overall quality of sidequests (although I'll say I freaking loved freeing the dragon) but I just want to chime in here because of the bolded statement. There's no such thing as a Game of the Generation that isn't based on opinion. People like different things and high points for a category will mean everything to some and mean nothing to others.

Signature goes here!

yup, it definitely has great side content. Like some side missions are structured like entire levels. And the amount of optional stuff to do in the game regardless of how much obviously went into building it is ridiculous.

I dare say the side content is almost as long as the main content..... well, its definitely harder.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
I've completed it and on my next playthrough I will begin to work on the post game content.. I'm excited and I will let you know

Just finished it myself. Best ride ever.

Did you sleep after coming back to midgard?

John2290 said:
Intrinsic said:
yup, it definitely has great side content. Like some side missions are structured like entire levels. And the amount of optional stuff to do in the game regardless of how much obviously went into building it is ridiculous.

I dare say the side content is almost as long as the main content..... well, its definitely harder.

Much, much harder. I just managed to finish the trails of Muspheliem after grinding out gear in Invalids dungeon and man was that a task and a half, too the best part of two evenings just to get past the valkerie, get the three keys and finish the last task Some of the valkeries are harder than any Souls-borne boss I've come across bar one from the chalice dungeons in BB and I went down to balanced, I can't imagine the pain it would be on the second hardest difficulty or god forbid the hardest. 

Are you fucking kidding me? I have finished the game and didn't even visit Muspheliem Once, was saving it for post game thrills. I dabbled into inalids dungeon before completing the game jut to get enough mist to get the mist amor and even then  I felt that shit was too hard and I was probably to go to the fire realm first before coming there. And now you tell me you had to grind at invalids to be better suited for muspheliem...... damn.

And I am playing on the second hardest difficulty, managed to beat two of the valkyrie just before beating the game so now I am trying to power everything up before taking on the rest.I am actually scared now lol.

John2290 said:
Intrinsic said:

Just finished it myself. Best ride ever.

Did you sleep after coming back to midgard?

I hear there is also more after you defeat the nine valkeries

Music to my ears BOY!!!

I rank as following for the content.

Zelda
GOW
Witcher 3

Both GOW/Zelda are games I could easily go back to and do everything all over again any day of the week. Witcher 3 however feels more like a chore than actual fun

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

d21lewis said:
Haven't beaten the game. Not sure how close I am. Just got the light arrows yesterday (hopefully that statement is vague enough to not spoil the game for anyone). I'm looking forward to seeing the content you're speaking of!

For me, games like this are to be savoured. We don't get experiences like this very often.

Feel the same way. This game is definitely special. I’ve been doing a ton of side quests and keep thinking about how I don’t want the game to end.

PwerlvlAmy said:
I rank as following for the content.

Zelda
GOW
Witcher 3

Both GOW/Zelda are games I could easily go back to and do everything all over again any day of the week. Witcher 3 however feels more like a chore than actual fun

So have your reservations been quelled since you played GoW? I know you were doubtful, even after reviews came out. Curious to hear your thoughts.

OT:  I think I’m only about 2/3 of the way through the game, but I was just thinking about this earlier today. The side quests really are quite enjoyable, and to me, they don’t feel like as much of a grind as in other games. Loved Horizon, but its side quests felt very grindy often times. 

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 26 April 2018

agree