By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March NPD 2018. Hardware and Software Results. PS4 #1 for HW. Far Cry 5 #! for SW

ryuzaki57 said:
Can't see AoT2 anywhere. I'm rather surprised it couldn't chart despite being on 3 platforms. Is the IP big in the US or not especially?

It has a solid fanbase but still quite niche in the US.

Maybe would have gotten more sales if it released closer to when the anime aired, season 2 ended last July and season 3 starts this July so releasing in March may not have been a great idea.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:

Despite ONLY rolling out to XB1 and Windows 10 (aka PC)......

How is that an "only"?

Mat from NPD was saying they dont get digital sales for Windows so its basically just XBO they have data for.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Can't see AoT2 anywhere. I'm rather surprised it couldn't chart despite being on 3 platforms. Is the IP big in the US or not especially?

Attack on Titan?

Niche?

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
zorg1000 said:

Attack on Titan?

Niche?

Yes

zorg1000 said:

Attack on Titan?

Niche?

Yes

It's not niche really at all. 

In fact it's pretty much the new Death Note, the anime that appeals to people who don't like anime. 

You go into high schools and you see a shit ton of Attack on Titan apparel. 

People just don't buy associated products very often, especially games, because games usually have a bad reputation as associated products.

Around the Network

So after a year, are we already into the period where the only thing that's going to sell on a Nintendo console are Nintendo games? Just look at that top 10.

PSN: GripnRip

Always up to game.

Get your Portable ID!

zorg1000 said:

Yes

In fact it's pretty much the new Death Note, the anime that appeals to people who don't like anime. 

People just don't buy associated products very often, especially games, because games usually have a bad reputation as associated products.

Niche doesnt necessarily mean obscure, it has a sizeable following, i just mean its not mainstream.

GripnRip said:
So after a year, are we already into the period where the only thing that's going to sell on a Nintendo console are Nintendo games? Just look at that top 10.

Just because Nintendo games are selling better does not mean 3rd party games arent selling well.

A whole bunch of 3rd party developers/publishers have stated they are happy with their sales on Switch.

zorg1000 said:

Niche doesnt necessarily mean obscure, it has a sizeable following, i just mean its not mainstream.

Of course it doesn't. But if you want to go that route, than you can use a ton of different meanings for the word niche. 

Like for instance "x category of items is a niche"

I would say all things considered it is mainstream, it just isn't so mainstream that its game will automatically get good sales .... (which actually isn't even that uncommon for bigger franchises)

zorg1000 said:

Of course it doesn't. But if you want to go that route, than you can use a ton of different meanings for the word niche. 

Like for instance "x category of items is a niche"

I would say all things considered it is mainstream, it just isn't so mainstream that its game will automatically get good sales .... (which actually isn't even that uncommon for bigger franchises)

Lets just split the difference and say it falls somewhere in the vast middleground between niche and mainstream.

If we can agree about carnotaurus than surely we can agree on this.