By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch hacked: unpatchable exploit is a security nightmare for Nintendo

HollyGamer said:
Pemalite said:

The developed world is larger than just the USA and Europe.
You cannot start including smaller developing nations and then exclude smaller developed nations.

Either way, your link is still broken and I am unable to verify any assertions.

Try this new one  https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Business-booms-for-electronics-stores-in-Southeast-Asia

Yes i am aware that  develop country is not just US and Europe, but developing country has population , even if they have small GNP ratio , they have GDP their population is bigger enough to be considered influential, this should not be a debate anymore. The reason why country like US have a trade war with China , and also why Japan keep exporting to China and South East Asia because of this simple reason. 

Well. It's not really a debate.

That evidence doesn't backup your prior assertion either, growth isn't consumption nor is the statistics on offered being empirically compared to the western world anyway.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
HollyGamer said:

Try this new one  https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Business-booms-for-electronics-stores-in-Southeast-Asia

Yes i am aware that  develop country is not just US and Europe, but developing country has population , even if they have small GNP ratio , they have GDP their population is bigger enough to be considered influential, this should not be a debate anymore. The reason why country like US have a trade war with China , and also why Japan keep exporting to China and South East Asia because of this simple reason. 

That evidence doesn't backup your prior assertion either, growth isn't consumption nor is the statistics on offered being empirically compared to the western world anyway.

Well you cannot build a statistic on sales if the item you consume are imported from develop country, try to count how many PS4 that sold on Bangkok, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur , and Singapore, that came from NTSC Japan.

Growth indicator are determine buy consumption. 

KLAMarine said:
Nautilus said:
One of these days Im going to make a thread defending piracy and why its not a bad thing, though also not necessarily a good thing, and just watch as the thread burns in the fires of hell from all these users who are bent on getting rid of these filthy pirates.

Ill do that while I drink me bottle of rum, mateys.

Why wait? Why isn't piracy a bad thing?

Why are you hateful about pirates, has one ever hurt you? Live and let live.

KLAMarine said:
contestgamer said:

You want to put people in prison for downloading pirated games lol. If it was up to you a third of the planet would be in prison just on tormenting allow, let alone the other 70% there for jaywalking, which btw is also illegal.

Doesn't have to be that extreme. A citation + cost of pirated software sounds more reasonable.

By the way, I'm still looking for a plumber to install a sink in my home. When are you getting here?

Again you're attempting to rob me. Taking one of infinite copies isnt costing anyone money, effort or time, because the effort or time is infinitely replicable in sales for digital content.

contestgamer said:
KLAMarine said:

Doesn't have to be that extreme. A citation + cost of pirated software sounds more reasonable.

By the way, I'm still looking for a plumber to install a sink in my home. When are you getting here?

Again you're attempting to rob me.

Rob you of what? You'll get to keep your arms and legs and tools. I'm not taking any of these things.

contestgamer said:

Taking one of infinite copies isnt costing anyone money, effort or time, because the effort or time is infinitely replicable in sales for digital content.

Labor can be replicated too!

As a matter of fact, why am I even asking? I don't need to get your permission, I'm just going to help myself to your labor. Thanks contestgamer, I'd like the sink installed before next week.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Pemalite said:

Well you cannot build a statistic on sales if the item you consume are imported from develop country, try to count how many PS4 that sold on Bangkok, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur , and Singapore, that came from NTSC Japan.

Growth indicator are determine buy consumption. 

Well. I would rather an entire market to market break down of the entire planet. It's entirely possible to do as well within reason.

However, you can't just take a singular product and think it is representative of the entire market in various regions, because some products do better in some regions than others.
And you also can't take one country and compare it to another and think that is representative of the world market either.

Now Growth Indicators are not determined by consumption, there is allot of mathematical statistical analysis and hopes and dreams that goes into it... And often, they get it very very very wrong.
For example, Hollywood was betting on China being their biggest growth drivers and thus settled with smaller profit margins compared to say... The USA in hopes that sheer volume will make up for it.
Well the Growth projections ended up being incorrect and the Chinese started to opt for more locally made content rather than the stuff Hollywood was churning out.

I would hazard a guess that the Chinese and other developing nations are gobbling up cheaply made ARM powered devices rather than more luxury goods like the latest iPhone, Galaxy, Playstation, Xbox or PC. And good for them, some of those devices are actually pretty well made and surprisingly capable for what they are offering.

Again, I don't necessarily disagree with you, nor am I debating your position, but I am judging the evidence (Or lack thereof) that you have provided.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

KLAMarine said:
contestgamer said:

You want to put people in prison for downloading pirated games lol. If it was up to you a third of the planet would be in prison just on tormenting allow, let alone the other 70% there for jaywalking, which btw is also illegal.

Same thing though.... the costs of figouring out who pirates and the legal costs of fileing all these suits would cost more than they make selling the games.
Thats why these anti pirate groups, dispite sueing people for millions (when they occasionally do so) all opperate at a loss.

Scale that up, to go after everyone? it would probably cost more than the gameing industry makes all together.
So why even bother? right now, its just a scare tactic, they throw money out the window to catch a few, in hopes of scareing the many.

Its not something thats posible on a bigger scale (its not economically feasible).

KLAMarine said:
Nautilus said:
One of these days Im going to make a thread defending piracy and why its not a bad thing, though also not necessarily a good thing, and just watch as the thread burns in the fires of hell from all these users who are bent on getting rid of these filthy pirates.

Ill do that while I drink me bottle of rum, mateys.

Just to give you a fast and small answer, being introduced to long standing franchises by playing their old games.I know I have been introduced to many suchg franchises through emulation of old consoles, or even somewhat new consoles, which DS was back in the day.And given this exposure, go on to actually buy a new entry when it is released, due to a number of reasonsw.In my case, due to actually having money to buy games.

Anyways, Ill make a thread about it one of these days.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

contestgamer said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

No dictionary on the planet agrees with you. You are redefining the word to suit your own opinion, instead of letting the factual definition of the word stand for itself. 

Just the ones that host the pirate sites, crack systems, and create emulators for current gen systems, while taking donations off patreon. 

JRPGfan said:
KLAMarine said:

Same thing though.... the costs of figouring out who pirates and the legal costs of fileing all these suits would cost more than they make selling the games.
Thats why these anti pirate groups, dispite sueing people for millions (when they occasionally do so) all opperate at a loss.

Scale that up, to go after everyone? it would probably cost more than the gameing industry makes all together.
So why even bother? right now, its just a scare tactic, they throw money out the window to catch a few, in hopes of scareing the many.

Its not something thats posible on a bigger scale (its not economically feasible).

You make a valid point that going after pirates might not be cost effective.

Nautilus said:
KLAMarine said:

Just to give you a fast and small answer, being introduced to long standing franchises by playing their old games.I know I have been introduced to many suchg franchises through emulation of old consoles, or even somewhat new consoles, which DS was back in the day.And given this exposure, go on to actually buy a new entry when it is released, due to a number of reasonsw.In my case, due to actually having money to buy games.

Anyways, Ill make a thread about it one of these days.

I'll still argue piracy is overall a bad thing since it allows new game's sales to be undermined. Introducing old games to new gamers is perfectly doable via let's plays and such.