By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War sales are HIGHEST in series history in UK!

Not sure if already posted but......

God of War Sales are the Highest in the Series’ History in the UK

Last week one of the most highly-anticipated PS4 exclusives, God of War, officially launched worldwide. The game is merely several days old and it has already managed to break the record for being the fastest selling game in the franchise's history in the UK. Impressively, these sales figures only take into account the physical retail units and exclude digital sales.

According to GamesIndustry.biz, God of War for the PS4 has sold over 35% more units in its first week than the previous fastest selling title in the franchise, God of War 3, which was originally released on the PS3 back in 2010. It has also beaten another major PS4 exclusive in 2018, Shadow of the Colossus.

Similar to God of War 2 and God of War 3 before it, God of War for the PS4 grabbed the top spot in the UK sales chart in its debut week. The adventures of Kratos and his son Atreus topples Far Cry 5, which now has to settle for second place after being number one for three consecutive weeks.

The other major new PS4 release last week, Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, also broke the same record for its own franchise. It managed to debut at third place, becoming the fastest selling Yakuza title in franchise's history in the UK. It sold 300 more physical copies than the previous record holder for the franchise, which was Yakuza Kiwami in 2017.

In other related news, God of War received almost universal praise from game critics and the game's director Cory Barlog recently posted a video showing his heartfelt reaction to the reviews. Barlog also recently revealed that the setting for the game could have been Egyptian or Mayan mythologies instead of Norse, which would have been intriguing. Check out our reviews for God of War and Yakuza 6, in which we gave the former a perfect score and a 4.5 out of 5 rating for the latter.

Read more at http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/384343-god-of-war-sales-are-the-highest-in-the-series-history-in-the-uk#4STTW6wPdzz4jfzC.99

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

And this isn't even including digital sales wow!!!

Not too surprising, God of War has never really been big over here.

If God of War sees the same kind of growth in America, that's when I'll be impressed. Game should have some fantastic legs too.

Carl said:

If God of War sees the same kind of growth in America, that's when I'll be impressed. Game should have some fantastic legs too.

Yeah I was thinking the same that the legs will be fantastic!

Carl said:

Considering how the PS4 is total king in Europe, I'm looking forward to figures of sales across the EU more than America. Though America too of course, in fact the whole world cause the complete figure is what I care about.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if I could look at the figures of one region only, I'd choose the EU.

Around the Network

I think this was posted already.

Game is gonna sell a gargantuan amount. Even the local Walmart I shop at that doesn’t sell much games sold through all 20+ copies they had. If the thirst is that real here it must be even bigger everywhere else.

LudicrousSpeed said:
I think this was posted already.

Game is gonna sell a gargantuan amount. Even the local Walmart I shop at that doesn’t sell much games sold through all 20+ copies they had. If the thirst is that real here it must be even bigger everywhere else.

I was looking to see if it was posted but couldn't find anything.

But yes the game is going to see a gang load easy! Just waiting to see what the legs will do!