By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War shows original final fantasy-esque games are not dead, take THAT, Square Enix!

Can Square Enix successfully go back to its roots with Final Fantasy?

Yes. I can already see th... 5 35.71%

No. 9 64.29%

Total:14

I don't want to hear it no more. Square Enix is so dumb.  Don't defend them.I do love their take on final fantasy with modern or futuristic setting but everyone knows they can go back to their roots and still slay the fuck out of it. They don't need to change with the world and the millenials, they just have to keep the final fantasy theme alive that we all come to love. God of war may have change to Norse myth and the combat system is now different but it's still God of War with a better story and less rage!

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network

What?!? God of War being based on classical mythology is the essence of the series and something it's always been, I don't understand the comparison to Final Fantasy.

I do agree with you that FF kind of sucks right now, but what kind of connection it has with GOW?The themes are different, the battle systems are like night and day(refering to the older FF battle systems).

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

VGPolyglot said:
What?!? God of War being based on classical mythology is the essence of the series and something it's always been, I don't understand the comparison to Final Fantasy.

God of War could become a modern take on Norse Mythology and everyone would despise it just like those movies based on Shakespeare. Lmao

Change is good but don't let the change get to your head. The formula isn't really broken so why change it to something that would alienate your fanbase?

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

kurasakiichimaruALT shows original threads without coherent opinions are not dead, take THAT, VGChartz!

Around the Network
Xen said:
kurasakiichimaruALT shows original threads without coherent opinions are not dead, take THAT, VGChartz!

I don't know you

John2290 said:
I'm confused.

kurasakiichimaruALT said:
Xen said:

I don't know you

That too is part of this original thread.

I... Final Fantasy is often a fantastical world with magical creatures, air ships, unique lore, fascinating technology, and team based battle systems.

God of War is (historically) a hack n slash based on mythology.

I really don't understand what you're getting at