By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think God of War will boost ps4 sales above MHW launch week of 408k.

Ps4 will hit over 408k on GOW release week or the week followong

Yes 30 56.60%

No 17 32.08%

Unsure. 6 11.32%

Comments, other, middle America... 0 0%

Total:53

It depends on how well it sells in the US and Europe because what I've heard God of war has never sold super well in Japan.

Around the Network

I don't think so. Or at least not a significant boost.

Now if sony actually put out a $299 GOW PS4 slim bundle? Then that would have been a different matter. Instead we get a PS4 pro bundle at $399.

I expect to see PS4 slim bundles with the game for $229 around november december though.

I haven't got a clue, maybe not. Monster Hunter may have attracted more new buyers, whereas a higher proportion of people interested in GoW might already own a system.

Mar1217 said:
John2290 said:

I think it's safe to say MHW gave a significant boost over three weeks. 

Mainly because of Japan though. It's effect lasted approx. a month there. It did have some effect here but not as much like Japan.

Errorist76 said:

It’s crazy how much people want to buy a PS4 this week. I read it everywhere. 

It's not exactly a great gauge to judge how many people would actually do it though.

And that's not even counting people who are just switching from the base model/slim to Pro.

Though, expecting a substantial increase is definitely in the realm of possibilities.

I'm still expecting both GoW and Spider-Man to sell a million+ of PS4s and Pros each over time!

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 17 April 2018

John2290 said:
I think'll hit over 350k for two weeks. That's about 100-130k boosted and I think it'll have an impact that we don't notice in the weeks after. With so many games coming, I don't think the ps4 is going to be getting in anyway slow, even in going into it's fifth year.

Sounds about right to me, a small modest boost of ~150k (week1) ish boost, followed by a  smaller boost week2.
Thats what Im expecting too.

If it does over 400k the week of release consider me surprised.

Around the Network

I think something that looks as good as GoW, more are getting the pro to enjoy the full experience.

It will surely keep the PS4 above 200k for a while. Hopefully until Detroit launches. But I doubt it's going to sell much more than 300k at launch. On the other hand this probably will mean that Sony sells close to a million PS4 units in April. Putting the grand total close to 5 million for 2018 after as of May the first. If the PS4 isn't overtracked as I kind of suspect, given the low shipment forecast.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Kerotan said:
BraLoD said:
The boost will be longer rather than bigger

Just like the last of us. A lot of people over a 2 year period would have bought a ps3 or ps4 to play tlou. Same will happen here. 

Yes, thats true!

RidingMower said:
+Xbox owners buying a PS4.
+Original vanilla PS4 owners upgrading to the PRO model.
+Friends/Family recommending PS4
+Press and the amazing popularity of PS4

God of War has got a hot streak going right now for the PS4. The sales are booming, with people eagerly anticipating on playing this game. It will do over 400k I predict.

400k is high (without japan), but possible :)

DialgaMarine said:
Possible. I have a good feeling it’s going to push a lot of units in the US and EU.

thats interesting, because In America and UK-the game was already sold out in some stores.

what does the ps4-market in china (or south korea) actually look like? I think games with "weapons/blood" may not appear there - or i'am wrong? i dont know.

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 28 April 2018