By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think God of War will boost ps4 sales above MHW launch week of 408k.

Ps4 will hit over 408k on GOW release week or the week followong

Yes 30 56.60%

No 17 32.08%

Unsure. 6 11.32%

Comments, other, middle America... 0 0%

Total:53

I think huge hw boosts because of software for ps4 from now on will be reliant on big japanese hits where base sales are low

Gow will give a hardware boost for sure, but on regions where it already sells like a winning console that's already sold a lot

Around the Network

Depends on how many people interested in the game haven't yet bought the PS4.

John2290 said:
pastro243 said:
I think huge hw boosts because of software for ps4 from now on will be reliant on big japanese hits where base sales are low

Gow will give a hardware boost for sure, but on regions where it already sells like a winning console that's already sold a lot

Surely the Japanese can't pass on GOW. Also, I think it has way more to do with Japans economy bouncing back from the 2011 Tsunami and people rebuying into luxury items like consoles, it'll continue to grow there regardless of software.

They have passed on every GOW to this point, i dont see that changing.

PS4 sales in Japan have next to nothing to do with the economy.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

BraLoD said:
The boost will be longer rather than bigger

Just like the last of us. A lot of people over a 2 year period would have bought a ps3 or ps4 to play tlou. Same will happen here. 

+Xbox owners buying a PS4.
+Original vanilla PS4 owners upgrading to the PRO model.
+Friends/Family recommending PS4
+Press and the amazing popularity of PS4

God of War has got a hot streak going right now for the PS4. The sales are booming, with people eagerly anticipating on playing this game. It will do over 400k I predict.

Around the Network

Possible. I have a good feeling it’s going to push a lot of units in the US and EU.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I'm having a bit of a doubt of it having a stronger week than MHW on the account that Japan might not be all that crazy for the game, so the US and EU will have to pick up the extra numbers to reach the MHW sales.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

BraLoD said:
The boost will be longer rather than bigger

Agree with Bralod here

zorg1000 said:
John2290 said:

Surely the Japanese can't pass on GOW. Also, I think it has way more to do with Japans economy bouncing back from the 2011 Tsunami and people rebuying into luxury items like consoles, it'll continue to grow there regardless of software.

They have passed on every GOW to this point, i dont see that changing.

PS4 sales in Japan have next to nothing to do with the economy.

It’s actually been number one on Japan’s Amazon charge for the past 4 to 5 days. So I think this GoW could actually sell a modest amount.

Hmmm, I think it's possible If there is a supply of 408,000 God of War PS4 Pro Bundles.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5