By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SEGA Ages could expand with Saturn and Dreamcast games in the future

All these companies are so missing out. They should reproduce the EXACT console, in the EXACT box and sell it through their websites. Imagine if Nintendo had released an NES in it's original box and then sold a select number of real carts for say, $19.99 on their website?

All they'd have to do is put an HDMI on the back of these consoles along with the original outputs and people would pay ridiculous amounts of money for them.

Around the Network

Panzer Dragoon (all of them), Shingle Force 3 (all of it), Skies of Arcadia.

I'd love to have a crack at some Saturn and Dreamcast games. There are already a lot of ways to play the core Genesis games that we will probably see again this time around.

Power Stone 2.

Make it happen.

PLEEEASE.

Also, make a Power Stone 3 pls xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Panzer dragoon 1&2 and saga.

Shining force 3 all chapters.

Honestly, i'd like to see most of the Saturn library. Dreamcast has seen re-releases on about everything of note, but the saturn has not.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Xen said:
Do Panzer Dragoon Saga already - drop the price of the original release down down down!

Didn't Sega say they no longer possess even the code for that which is why no non Saturn release has ever happened? I never thought that picking the game up for dead cheap back in the 90s would be one of the only times I'd ever see the game sold for less than 100 quid.

You are complicating things. They make an emulator, like the other virtal consoles and just add the game in. Source code is not needed. Honestly though, it's a cheap excuse. Fans managed to fan translate the rest of SF3 without the source code. I'm sure SEGA can too.

Nem said:
Wyrdness said:

Didn't Sega say they no longer possess even the code for that which is why no non Saturn release has ever happened? I never thought that picking the game up for dead cheap back in the 90s would be one of the only times I'd ever see the game sold for less than 100 quid.

You are complicating things. They make an emulator, like the other virtal consoles and just add the game in. Source code is not needed. Honestly though, it's a cheap excuse. Fans managed to fan translate the rest of SF3 without the source code. I'm sure SEGA can too.

Not to mention that PD1 has seen an updated Sega Ages release on PS2 and was included in PD Orta on the original Xbox. It can happen.

CaptainExplosion said:
killeryoshis said:
I hope they bring Saturn and Dreamcast games. Sega does not release them enough compared to their Genesis lineup. Also, some Saturn games are rare so having them on Switch will be very helpful.

Same here, and I also hope they bring Virtual On Cyber Troopers into Sega Ages. :D

My dream (beyond a new entry that is actually good this time) is to be able to download VO: Oratorio Tangram to a newer console so I can finally retire my Dreamcast.

I'm surprised no one mentioned skies of Arcadia. Skies, Shenmue 1 and 2 are the only dreamcast games I want to play.

I also got code Veronica and crazy taxi on ps3