By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - GOP to Run Against Clinton. Again.

Yep, they're running against Hillary Clinton again. The Congressional Republicans are running re-election ads for this year's mid-term elections in November attacking Hillary Clinton. Fox News still gives her roughly equal air time with President Trump even though she was defeated nearly a year and a half ago and will, obviously, not be on the ballot. And of course, the "Lock her up!" chants remain a staple of President Trump's (yep, already-underway) 2020 "re"-election rallies. It's what they've got, I guess.

The new ads and critiques being leveled against Mrs. Clinton by the aforementioned revolve primarily around her recent claim that Republicans are backward-looking. I wonder where one could have gotten that idea from?

Around the Network

This is Hillarious (get it?).

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Bringing up certain bogeymen (or bogeywomen) in an effort to increase fundraising and voter turnout has been done by both parties in the past.

After all, Obama ran against George W Bush TWICE in the '08 and '12 elections despite the fact that Bush's term ended in '08. The '08 election was basically a referendum on Bush's term in office, and Obama repeatedly compared his '12 opponent Mitt Romney to Bush and insinuated that voting for Romney would be like voting for a 3rd term for Bush.

If you go back and watch the 2012 debates, an actual question that was asked by one of the debate moderators first to Romney and then to Obama, was literally "how are you / your policies different from that of George W Bush?" Now imagine a debate moderator asking whoever Trump's opponent in '20 is "How are you different from Hillary Clinton?" It would never happen.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
Bringing up certain bogeymen (or bogeywomen) in an effort to increase fundraising and voter turnout has been done by both parties in the past.

After all, Obama ran against George W Bush TWICE in the '08 and '12 elections despite the fact that Bush's term ended in '08. The '08 election was basically a referendum on Bush's term in office, and Obama repeatedly compared his '12 opponent Mitt Romney to Bush and insinuated that voting for Romney would be like voting for a 3rd term for Bush.

If you go back and watch the 2012 debates, an actual question that was asked by one of the debate moderators first to Romney and then to Obama, was literally "how are you / your policies different from that of George W Bush?" Now imagine a debate moderator asking whoever Trump's opponent in '20 is "How are you different from Hillary Clinton?" It would never happen.

I would beg to differ with this comparison: George W. Bush was actually our president at one particularly dark point in our history. Hillary Clinton was never president. Suggesting that the two persons have legacies of the same historical significance seems a little silly to me.

StuOhQ said:
This is Hillarious (get it?).

Okay, that was funny. :D

That's like the only good Hillary Clinton name pun I've heard to date. :P

Last edited by Jaicee - on 14 April 2018

Around the Network

Both parties act like pathetic children

What would the GOP do without Bill and Hill to rile up their base? 30 years and hundreds of millions spent going after them.

That's what I hate about Fox news. I watch them but I hate them.

They can't seen to go a full minute without mentioning "But Hilary", "But Obama", or attacking another network.

It's like a parent making you eat a balogna sandwich for dinner and constantly saying "Be glad it's me that has custody of you. Your dad would be making you eat boiled mouse." Even though your dad never did anything like that and he's dead.

*I'm out of practice with my analogies....

They need to STOP attacking Hillary and focus on the REAL enemy of the GOP: Count Dracula.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

d21lewis said:
That's what I hate about Fox news. I watch them but I hate them.

They can't seen to go a full minute without mentioning "But Hilary", "But Obama", or attacking another network.

It's like a parent making you eat a balogna sandwich for dinner and constantly saying "Be glad it's me that has custody of you. Your dad would be making you eat boiled mouse." Even though your dad never did anything like that and he's dead.

*I'm out of practice with my analogies....

Well it's a funny one anyway. :P