By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega Announce A Console - Sega Mega Drive Mini

https://youtu.be/rykDYB37GyM

"Sega announced Sega Mega Drive Mini at Sega Fes 2018. It will launch in Japan in 2018."

Sega Mega Drive Mini will feature a number of beloved Sega Genesis titles.

Further information was not announced. "

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/sega-mega-drive-mini-announced

I hope it can play the game from the cartridge , but for now  i am exited.  And I hope they also considered making Sega Saturn mini and Sega Dreamcast mini, DO IT SEGA !!!

What do you think guys?  

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 14 April 2018

Around the Network

Wow, this is amazing! I want to know the games list!

Here's the list of games that I expect:

• Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  • Columns
  • Altered Beast
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Comix Zone
  • Castlevania: Bloodlines
  • R-Type 3
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Phantasy Star IV
  • Shining Force
  • Shinobi 3
  • Out Run
  • Super Hang-On
  • World Championship Soccer
  • Zero Wing
  • Ranger X
  • Splatterhouse
  • Ys III
  • Alex Kidd
  • Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse
  • ToeJam & Earl
  • Golden Axe
  • Strider
  • Landstalker
  • Contra: Hard Corpse
Last edited by GoOnKid - on 14 April 2018

Ugh. I have a genesis and like, 70 games complete in box. Give me a new console Sega!

AlfredoTurkey said:
Ugh. I have a genesis and like, 70 games complete in box. Give me a new console Sega!

Eh. How about they first try to make games on par with the Dreamcast before that. Baby steps now. 

Anyway, this is awesome. Retro gaming is expensive who was born after the 16-bit generation.  I might get this if it has good games and emulation.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Don't really see the reason since they are releasing the Genesis Collection next month, but whatever... Its way too small for any cartridge though, so don't expect it to play your old games.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Don't really see the reason since they are releasing the Genesis Collection next month, but whatever... Its way too small for any cartridge though, so don't expect it to play your old games.

Shame, would have been cool to have a system that could do that, I love having my old collection still handy but honestly 99% of the time I want to play a game on the TV or projector from the megadrive it's just a whole lot easier to use Fusion on the PC to achieve it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I'm not really interested in the console, but if the controllers are USB, I may get one to play the Mega Drive games I have on PC.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Sega does what Nintendon't! Except when they do. I might care about this if unlike Nintendo's minis it works with the original cartridges.

ill get it just for collection sake

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I thought this already was a thing