By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves Future Content Announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t83bztN4lM

Hundering Deep: May

1, New enemy type

2. Multi crew events

3. New items and Rewards

4. Weekly events

Cursed Sails: Summer

1. New ship type

2. New enemy type

3. Cursed Cannonballs

4. Skeleton Thrones

5. New mechanics

6. New Rewards

Forsaken Shore: Summer

1. New areas to explore

2. New enemy type unique to the new area.

3 more major updates during the Fall and Winter

Around the Network

Those updates better be more fleshed out than they sound like if they want the game to still be alive come fall.

New enemy type. As in, a single new enemy type? Even if that includes multiple enemies of that type it's not enough. People are complaining about a lack of content and they're solving that by introducing a new enemy type? The team should, quite frankly, be in panic mode by now and try to get as much new stuff into the next update as possible. For starters they could include Zombie pirates with poisonous attacks to bring some diversity to the skeleton fights. It's not much but at the same time it wouldn't require a whole lot of effort. Out at sea there could be packs of killer seagulls or squids. Enemy ship encounters is also a no-brainer and these could include zombie ships, demon ships and of course ghost ships. For ghost ships there could be some required items to actually be able to engage them (like the map in Wind Waker). There could also be whole ghost islands to find and explore.

New ship types should be introduced like now, along with more options for sails, cannons, cannonballs etc. and new mechanics that makes use of them.

I'm not playing Sea of Thieves so perhaps I shouldn't bother talking about it but I was interested at one point and it's really frustrating to see a game that had a lot of potential get sunk because of pure laziness.

Doesn't seem like anything to be hyped about.

FIT_Gamer said:

I'm mostly excited for the weekly events and the new areas.

jason1637 said:
FIT_Gamer said:

I'm mostly excited for the weekly events and the new areas.

So, now that the game has been out for a bit, what are your thoughts on it? Do you think it's something that can keep you entertained long-term?

Around the Network

The list of updates doesn't seem very good, I posted something similar on Eurogamer but that site is becoming a crap fest of a site these days. Basically for a game that took so long to make that was an online game, the lack of follow up content surprises me.

It seems they (perhaps under pressure to just get the game out), had little time or thought for what followed next.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

FIT_Gamer said:

Atleast its a step in the right direction... 
The problem is the game was so damn shallow that even if they add abit to it, overall its still the same thing.

Game shouldnt have launched in the state it was in, same as No Man's Sky.

6 major updates in the first year seems great on paper, but that's assuming that each one is a significant amount of new content. It also makes me think they should have just delayed the game by a bit more to actually have this content ready when the game launched.

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 13 April 2018

forest-spirit said:

Those updates better be more fleshed out than they sound like if they want the game to still be alive come fall.

New enemy type. As in, a single new enemy type? Even if that includes multiple enemies of that type it's not enough. People are complaining about a lack of content and they're solving that by introducing a new enemy type? The team should, quite frankly, be in panic mode by now and try to get as much new stuff into the next update as possible. For starters they could include Zombie pirates with poisonous attacks to bring some diversity to the skeleton fights. It's not much but at the same time it wouldn't require a whole lot of effort. Out at sea there could be packs of killer seagulls or squids. Enemy ship encounters is also a no-brainer and these could include zombie ships, demon ships and of course ghost ships. For ghost ships there could be some required items to actually be able to engage them (like the map in Wind Waker). There could also be whole ghost islands to find and explore.

New ship types should be introduced like now, along with more options for sails, cannons, cannonballs etc. and new mechanics that makes use of them.

I'm not playing Sea of Thieves so perhaps I shouldn't bother talking about it but I was interested at one point and it's really frustrating to see a game that had a lot of potential get sunk because of pure laziness.

Consider how long Rare have been working on this game, and the kind of barebones state it released in. It would be foolish to think that those same guys (except it's probably really a smaller live team) could then turn around and fill the game with all the content it desperately needs in a much shorter time window. If all they managed in 3 years was a couple of ships, some skeletons, and half a Kraken.....what are they really gonna be able to do in a few more months?

I don't think this has much to do with laziness at all. I'd say Rare bit off more than they could chew. 

Game launched very light on content and now the update roadmap seems light on content also. All the negativity could have been solved if they launched this at €30.