By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves Future Content Announced.

Libara said:
konnichiwa said:
I feel that people are to harsh for the roadmap =p. In the next 6-7 months they will introduce a bunch of new enemies/Atleast 3 new Regions/New ship(s)/Weekly events with new loot/costumes/Quests where people have to work together and ofcourse for free while so many games are 'here are 3 New maps that's 10 bucks please' =p. We clearly have to see the result at the end of the year.

Have to remember certain few here (not hard to see who) that are showing "concern" after the announcement have no intention of playing a MS exclusive game :P.

Thats such an easy get out clause of basically saying "fanboys", I dont think thats fair at all. I have a friend who works at Rare, and even though I dont have an XBO I still want Rare to succeed, But I can still see the glaringly obvious in terms of gameplay/design... and I would say the same for any game on any platform. They worked on this game for quite a while and something hasn't gone right in development to have such a low amount of content.... and they had to go away for a while to get their plans in place, and what they have announced, doesn't sound that substantial.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Oh, this looks plain bad. Should have kept their lips sealed and announced as the content drops. That list doesn't evoke confidence, it's more a list of goals for them to hit rather than anything substantial. They should bunker down, add some questing and narrative akin to MMO's and release in big a bigmeaty chunk when the new map is ready. Drip feeding DLC like content is a terrible way to expand.

Those are the weekly events.

They're stuck between a rock and a hard place. They really should wait until these updates are much more meaty but if they do that they'll risk even more people stepping out, and once GOW releases, Twitch and Youtube will be filled with let's plays, pushing SoT even further down in interest.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
They're stuck between a rock and a hard place. They really should wait until these updates are much more meaty but if they do that they'll risk even more people stepping out, and once GOW releases, Twitch and Youtube will be filled with let's plays, pushing SoT even further down in interest.

That's what surprises me most, that you'd think that a Gas game pretty much needs drip feeding content from near day 1 to ensure people keep engaged, and thats even more the case if you lack content.... so you'd think they'd have something ready. Just to ensure they kept it ticking over. 

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:

That's what surprises me most, that you'd think that a Gas game pretty much needs drip feeding content from near day 1 to ensure people keep engaged, and thats even more the case if you lack content.... so you'd think they'd have something ready. Just to ensure they kept it ticking over. 

It was clearly pushed out early to try and create interest in the XB brand. We had SoTC, NNK2, and GOW coming up. MS had to do something. Once again MS were caught with their pants down and once again they're now having to rectify this with a PR stunt: 'Singleplayer games on the way'. It's embarrassing. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Yes a remake of a PS2 game and a JRPG, both of which probably sold not much of anything, persuaded MS to rush out a game they have been showing off for years. Makes about as much sense as your theory that the Scorpio was never real. God of War looks to be an amazing game but you don’t rush out a big title like Sea of Thieves because of it.

The keyboard analyst talk on this site is embarrassing at times.

Anyways, sounds like a good amount of free content. Not sure what anyone else expected, it’s not like these are things hey marketed as being there at launch. Of course it’s going to be a slow drip of new stuff, like any other GaaS.

GribbleGrunger said:

I don't see how. SoT and GoW4 aren't the same genre nor on the same platforms... I'm going to guess there isn't much overlap between these two crowds.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Yes a remake of a PS2 game and a JRPG, both of which probably sold not much of anything, persuaded MS to rush out a game they have been showing off for years. Makes about as much sense as your theory that the Scorpio was never real. God of War looks to be an amazing game but you don’t rush out a big title like Sea of Thieves because of it.

Anyways, sounds like a good amount of free content. Not sure what anyone else expected, it’s not like these are things hey marketed as being there at launch. Of course it’s going to be a slow drip of new stuff, like any other GaaS.

Remake of JRPG ?  

Is that something related to the problem of  SOT ?

LudicrousSpeed said:

Hey , you blaming  the wrong people.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Why didn't you quote Gribble's post? It's very obvious that it's his post you're responding to.

Last edited by VGPolyglot - on 14 April 2018