By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Capcom bringing back "ONIMUSHA"?

KManX89 said:
V-r0cK said:
If so, then it's only because of the sucess of Nioh and the hypeness for Ghost of Tsushima.

Capcom didnt have the balls to release a new Onimusha last gen cause they said it wouldn't be appealing enough to the west.

They brought back Megaman after the failure that was Mighty No. 9, so that very well may be the reason.

Either way, I'm happy it's (potentially) coming back in some form, be it a remaster or sequel.

I'm hoping with the rise of Jurassic World movies that Capcom will bring back Dino Crisis.



Around the Network
Azuren said:
Kyuu said: 

I'm not speaking for anyone. Just that the odds are it wouldn't sell enough copies to warrant a resurrection to the series due to Capcom's lazy efforts (if it's a typical low-tier remaster) That would make it a painful tease to those of us that are too hopeful.

You know I couldn't have meant "no one" in the literal sense, right? :)

So your comment depends on the idea of it automatically being a low-tier remaster in spite of Capcom kicking tons of ass lately?

 

And of course, but the wording implies it wouldn't sell well because you don't think it would instead of gauging community reaction to it.

Well.. yes. Hence the wording "cheap remaster"

I appreciate what Capcom did to Monster Hunter, and how they listened to their fanbase to remake Resident Evil 2 and bring back Mega Man. But they haven't done enough yet to regain my trust. Let's not forget that they ported DMC collection just last month, which is a prime example of a "low-tier remaster" I don't see why it would be any different with Onimusha but I sure hope I'm wrong. A remake-ster in the vein of SotC/Crash/Spyro is an instant pre-order from me, even if it's a single game (preferably Onimusha 3)



Kyuu said:
Azuren said:

So your comment depends on the idea of it automatically being a low-tier remaster in spite of Capcom kicking tons of ass lately?

 

And of course, but the wording implies it wouldn't sell well because you don't think it would instead of gauging community reaction to it.

Well.. yes. Hence the wording "cheap remaster"

I appreciate what Capcom did to Monster Hunter, and how they listened to their fanbase to remake Resident Evil 2 and bring back Mega Man. But they haven't done enough yet to regain my trust. Let's not forget that they ported DMC collection just last month, which is a prime example of a "low-tier remaster" I don't see why it would be any different with Onimusha but I sure hope I'm wrong. A remake-ster in the vein of SotC/Crash/Spyro is an instant pre-order from me, even if it's a single game (preferably Onimusha 3)

Capcom doesn't care your trust. They does what they want to do.



My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

V-r0cK said:
KManX89 said:

They brought back Megaman after the failure that was Mighty No. 9, so that very well may be the reason.

Either way, I'm happy it's (potentially) coming back in some form, be it a remaster or sequel.

I'm hoping with the rise of Jurassic World movies that Capcom will bring back Dino Crisis.

Same.



Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Kyuu said:

Well.. yes. Hence the wording "cheap remaster"

I appreciate what Capcom did to Monster Hunter, and how they listened to their fanbase to remake Resident Evil 2 and bring back Mega Man. But they haven't done enough yet to regain my trust. Let's not forget that they ported DMC collection just last month, which is a prime example of a "low-tier remaster" I don't see why it would be any different with Onimusha but I sure hope I'm wrong. A remake-ster in the vein of SotC/Crash/Spyro is an instant pre-order from me, even if it's a single game (preferably Onimusha 3)

Capcom doesn't care your trust. They does what they want to do.

I meant trust as in trusting in their decision making and ability to consistently make good games that people want. If Capcom wants to sell their products, they're gonna have to deliver. So my trust as well as the average gamer's will be needed if they want to prosper as a company.

Our view on Capcom matters more than you think because we're the ones who are feeding them. No quality games = no food!



Around the Network
Kyuu said:
It's gonna be a cheap remaster than no one will care about. Either that, or a browser game.

 

Xen said:
I bet it's gonna be a remaster. Not that that is bad.

I somehow doubt its a remaster because that would be quite expensive to do. A lot of the environments would need to be completely reworked, and lets not forget that Onimusha 1 - 3 uses the likenesses of real actors (one who has passed away).

Remasters would be cool though, for preservation purposes. But I think its a new game.

In fact, lets go a step into bizarro land: the medieval Deep Down has gotten a face lift into feudal Japan. Co-op Onimusha incoming!!!!



Kyuu said:
Azuren said:

So your comment depends on the idea of it automatically being a low-tier remaster in spite of Capcom kicking tons of ass lately?

 

And of course, but the wording implies it wouldn't sell well because you don't think it would instead of gauging community reaction to it.

Well.. yes. Hence the wording "cheap remaster"

I appreciate what Capcom did to Monster Hunter, and how they listened to their fanbase to remake Resident Evil 2 and bring back Mega Man. But they haven't done enough yet to regain my trust. Let's not forget that they ported DMC collection just last month, which is a prime example of a "low-tier remaster" I don't see why it would be any different with Onimusha but I sure hope I'm wrong. A remake-ster in the vein of SotC/Crash/Spyro is an instant pre-order from me, even if it's a single game (preferably Onimusha 3)

I'll give you that they fudged the DMC HD Collection. They just ported the PS3 version over with zero tweaking. I would much prefer they give it love and attention like SotC.

 

That said, I wouldn't be opposed in any way if they just released all four games as PS2-to-PS4 titles. Either zero effort and stay true to the source material, or all-in and remake each game (God knows the first game needs it *murders all tank control games*). I'll take either nostalgia or effort, but not a half-assed port that both feels unfamiliar and unplayable.



Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

twintail said:
Kyuu said:
It's gonna be a cheap remaster than no one will care about. Either that, or a browser game.

 

Xen said:
I bet it's gonna be a remaster. Not that that is bad.

I somehow doubt its a remaster because that would be quite expensive to do. A lot of the environments would need to be completely reworked, and lets not forget that Onimusha 1 - 3 uses the likenesses of real actors (one who has passed away).

Remasters would be cool though, for preservation purposes. But I think its a new game.

In fact, lets go a step into bizarro land: the medieval Deep Down has gotten a face lift into feudal Japan. Co-op Onimusha incoming!!!!

I suppose our close reference points are the RE0-1 remasters - seemed to turn out to be great games, but how about the dev costs? either way, the truly old assets have been reworked (or upscaled?) nicely.

The dead actor likeness however complicates things a little bit... but if it's a new game, more power to Capcom, provided it's not mobile