By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BAFTA game academy awards *Winners updated. Best game = Edith finch o.0?

Does Edith finch deserve best game

Yes. 2 10.00%

No. 17 85.00%

Can't decide 1 5.00%

Other/comments/middle America... 0 0%

Total:20

This seems like a Award made by people who like to watch video games but not actually play them?

Around the Network

hahahahaha!

John2290 said:

I think this is deserving of it though. I haven't played it yet but if it's anything like doing co-op on Divinity OS enhanced edition it is well deserving. That truly is one of the best multiplayer experiences you can have in gaming hands down. It should have been nominated for best game though and won from what I am seeing it is the best game of 2017 and I haven't even played it yet, it's just a genre that's too niche now sadly. 

I think it's deserving of it's narrative than to be cited as "best multiplayer". The game was heavily designed around it's story and choices you make, rather than "hey you can play with another friend".

I don't see it as the hands down best multiplayer experience tbh. I've had better from various titles over the years. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Ah yes. A walking sim for "best game". Never gets old.

John2290 said:

I suppose it depends on who you're playing with and how that experience goes and wheter it's a fresh run or not I'd done up to Sacred stone solo before I did local co-op with a mate and it was significantly more fun after we reached that point and it was blind for both of us, it's a much much deeper MP experience than most any other game because, as you mentioned the choices and narrative as well as the puzzles. No other game evokes as much conversation, debating, laughs etc quiet like DoS EE did, even MMO's pale in comparison imo, at least from my experience anyway. Sadly, I've no one who'll set aside time to play DoS2 for 50+ hours with me so I'll never know on that front. Totally agreed though, it should have won in other categories but I think this award show was a bit of a sham and more on the pretentious side of gaming rather than gaming focused so I wouldn't put any stake in the awards all that much.

To some that would be a requirement, but for me it's honestly neither, as I've managed to have a good time playing Diablo 3 on my own and with friends, both on fresh and old characters.

I don't really see it as being far, far deeper than any other MP game out there. Adding things in that not every game needs doesn't automatically make it the defacto of being far deeper than others. The game itself can also miss out on putting things in that other games already have a leg up on (like how D3 took out the Auction House and thus took a step back, but that didn't stop it from allowing what could be done either).

I mentioned the narrative, because that's what the game revolves around. it's not a mindless co-op jump in, slash this, log out kind of game. I tread D3 in the same respect, because I like to level up my characters, but also playing the story/adventure modes to level, but also gain more lore as I go on my travels.

I honestly find ESO deeper in terms of it's lore and mechanics than I would DoS I and II, especially in it's crafting and mix/match skill sets.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network

Dang they really liked Hellblade lol

John2290 said:

Do you mean TES or ESO? 

Both TES and ESO maybe on the lore side yeah it's deeper but it's also very badly written but in skills and how you can use them? 0,o? ESO is so bare bones even after getting the second weapon loadout and TES doesn't even come close..of course we are comparing Locked TBS to action RPG so it's not apt

ESO, which in turn follows before most of TES mainline series.

It depends on how you view it. Some die hards think it's written differently because they followed the older titles (which don't make much sense when you compare to how it's written today).

Yes, the skillsets you can mix and match. I don't have to play as just a Sorcerer, I can play as a mix between Sorcerer and battle mage, rather than just a vanilla skillset that some tend to roll with within ESO+TES.

I don't see ESO as barebones tbh. There are more spells and passives to choose from, especially since they revamped it after the 2014 launch.

I know we're comparing different games, but both of them are RPG's, with their gameplay styles being different. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 12 April 2018

John2290 said:
Yeah, it's a sham. Cuphead gets best music? Pfff. BoTW most innovative? What a shambles, if innovation means taking everything good from other games and slapping them together in an entirely safe way then yeah. It's deserves it. It's an innovative Zelda game but not nearly an innovative game. Shame on you BAFTA. This seems like an everyone gets a participation medal, sort of deal.

Innovation doesnt just mean being the first to do something, it can also be improving or executing existing ideas.

For example, Wii, DS & Switch. Nintendo did not create motion controls, touch screens or hybrid form factors but they were the first to successfully implement them into gaming by having excellent execution thus making these systems innovative.

Breath of the Wild isnt innovative because its the first game of its kind, its innovative because of the way it successfully implemented various aspects of other games to make arguably the greatest open-world game of all time.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

melbye said:
I liked Edith Finch well enough, but to say it is a better game than Zelda and Mario is really ridiculous

I totally agree with your post.

HELLBLADE smashed it! 5 awards. So glad Melina got best performance as Senua as it is the obvious winner. She put a proper acting performance on as her.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website