By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Legend Billy Mitchell has high scores wiped from record books

Wyrdness said:
Ljink96 said:

Yeah but I still wonder if he knew it was MAME (as he claims he doesn't know what "a MAME is", or if he did know. It's just people are making him out to be some serial killer or something, and I don't think this was intentional. Some are just making it seem it was mal-intent. I personally don't like Mitchell but some of the hate he's getting seems misplaced. 

That's like saying a bartender doesn't know what a beer it's a very hard sell and considering how competitive gaming is such things like Mame are explained in the rules and all it's every bit as intentional as if he didn't know he'd just come clean and say well this was my set up and I didn't know. 

You know why he's gotten all the hate because anytime someone has questioned his scores he's sued them into oblivion, he gathered a lot of fame and money due to his faked scores and used that to sue or send his fans after people who questioned them such acts are only going to get one response, these aren't the actions of someone who made a mistake they didn't know, he's reaping what he himself has sown.

I can understand that, I saw King of Kong years ago and I can see how some would be angry now, but me, personally, I can't hate someone like some have because I haven't personally been affected. Like I said, don't care for the guy but some users (not users here, but more so on Youtube) are just being children. You don't hope somebody dies because he cheated on a game. Maybe if I were Steve Weibe I would, or any of the other afflicted, but I just wish the general spectators would be civil. You shame him by not talking like children and instead ignoring him.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 12 April 2018

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
Wyrdness said:

That's like saying a bartender doesn't know what a beer it's a very hard sell and considering how competitive gaming is such things like Mame are explained in the rules and all it's every bit as intentional as if he didn't know he'd just come clean and say well this was my set up and I didn't know. 

You know why he's gotten all the hate because anytime someone has questioned his scores he's sued them into oblivion, he gathered a lot of fame and money due to his faked scores and used that to sue or send his fans after people who questioned them such acts are only going to get one response, these aren't the actions of someone who made a mistake they didn't know, he's reaping what he himself has sown.

I can understand that, I saw King of Kong years ago and I can see how some would be angry now, but me, personally, I can't hate someone like some have because I haven't personally been affected. Like I said, don't care for the guy but some users are just being children. You don't hope somebody dies because he cheated on a game. Maybe if I were Steve Weibe I would, or any of the other afflicted, but I just wish the general spectators would be civil. You shame him by not talking like children and instead ignoring him.

The reason why it was getting so overblown is because Twin Galaxies were refusing to revoke his scores despite the fact that they were against the rules, so this was pretty much necessary in order to spur action.

Ljink96 said:

I can understand that, I saw King of Kong years ago and I can see how some would be angry now, but me, personally, I can't hate someone like some have because I haven't personally been affected. Like I said, don't care for the guy but some users are just being children. You don't hope somebody dies because he cheated on a game. Maybe if I were Steve Weibe I would, or any of the other afflicted, but I just wish the general spectators would be civil. You shame him by not talking like children and instead ignoring him.

Many have been affected that's why, both him and Tod Rodgers were part of this untouchable old boys clubs at Twin Galaxies where they faked scores for years to one up everyone else while raking in money for it and went after people who disputed them, people were civil at first but when you give them the reaction Billy Mitchell did then you have no place to be asking for things to be civil, they had influence in the company under the old ownership and abused it. To put it bluntly if you act like a fool people will address you like one if you want to be the sinister villain then don't be surprise people react to you like they would to one, Billy has had his fans personally attack others for years so the is no sympathy to be had here it's all his own doing.

Wyrdness said:
Ljink96 said:

Many have been affected that's why, both him and Tod Rodgers were part of this untouchable old boys clubs at Twin Galaxies where they faked scores for years to one up everyone else while raking in money for it and went after people who disputed them, people were civil at first but when you give them the reaction Billy Mitchell did then you have no place to be asking for things to be civil, they had influence in the company under the old ownership and abused it. To put it bluntly if you act like a fool people will address you like one if you want to be the sinister villain then don't be surprise people react to you like they would to one, Billy has had his fans personally attack others for years so the is no sympathy to be had here it's all his own doing.

Oh wow, so it's deeper than I previously thought...maybe I should go over that video again. Guess I was listening to the wrong people.

He should be hanged for this travesty!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
thismeintiel said:

He deserves the hate, as do all cheaters. It's pretty obvious that he altered the video he made, as well as played on MAME. He even faked converting an arcade system.

How is it obvious? What do you know that others don't?

Did you talk with him? Do you know how he got his version of the game?

Have you seen the video evidence where his Donkey Kong levels load in a different manner than they should on the official platform? What more do you need?