By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Legend Billy Mitchell has high scores wiped from record books

He'll just post newer high scores...if they let him. I personally think the entire thing was overblown, even for videogame records, but if they say it's MAME, I guess it is. Billy still claims that the PCB was given to him from Nintendo so I just don't know what to think. Guess he's lying then.

Around the Network

What the hell? It took them this long? I thought they revoked his score when the controversy first came to light.

Ljink96 said:
He'll just post newer high scores...if they let him. I personally think the entire thing was overblown, even for videogame records, but if they say it's MAME, I guess it is. Billy still claims that the PCB was given to him from Nintendo so I just don't know what to think. Guess he's lying then.

The is concrete evidence that contradicts him for one evidence submitted shows that on an unaltered arcade board the score is not achievable while it is on Mame and emulator, video of his score being achieved was compared the level loading up to both arcade and Mame to which the video compared exactly to the latter. The rule is all scores have to be done on an unaltered arcade machine which his score wasn't so he had a huge advantage over other players.

Youtuber ApolloLegend has a video detailing all this.

Wyrdness said:
Ljink96 said:

The is concrete evidence that contradicts him for one evidence submitted shows that on an unaltered arcade board the score is not achievable while it is on Mame and emulator, video of his score being achieved was compared the level loading up to both arcade and Mame to which the video compared exactly to the latter. The rule is all scores have to be done on an unaltered arcade machine which his score wasn't so he had a huge advantage over other players.

Yeah but I still wonder if he knew it was MAME (as he claims he doesn't know what "a MAME is", or if he did know. It's just people are making him out to be some serial killer or something, and I don't think this was intentional. Some are just making it seem it was mal-intent. I personally don't like Mitchell but some of the hate he's getting seems misplaced. 

Ljink96 said:
Wyrdness said:

Yeah but I still wonder if he knew it was MAME (as he claims he doesn't know what "a MAME is", or if he did know. It's just people are making him out to be some serial killer or something, and I don't think this was intentional. Some are just making it seem it was mal-intent. I personally don't like Mitchell but some of the hate he's getting seems misplaced. 

Someone who has spent so long playing arcade games would of course at a point had someone explain to them what Mame is, to think that he went his whole life without someone saying "you know you could play these on a home PC bro?" is just impossible to believe.

This is the equivalent of a butcher accused of a mass murder claiming he doesn't even know what a "steak knife" is.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
Wyrdness said:

He deserves the hate, as do all cheaters. It's pretty obvious that he altered the video he made, as well as played on MAME. He even faked converting an arcade system.

So now he's just a hot sauce salesman.

thismeintiel said:
Ljink96 said:

He deserves the hate, as do all cheaters. It's pretty obvious that he altered the video he made, as well as played on MAME. He even faked converting an arcade system.

How is it obvious? What do you know that others don't?

Did you talk with him? Do you know how he got his version of the game?

Funny, and they initially tried to discredit Steve Weibe's score as inauthentic in the doc. Oh the ironies of history..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Ljink96 said:
Wyrdness said:

That's like saying a bartender doesn't know what a beer it's a very hard sell and considering how competitive gaming is such things like Mame are explained in the rules and all it's every bit as intentional as if he didn't know he'd just come clean and say well this was my set up and I didn't know. 

You know why he's gotten all the hate because anytime someone has questioned his scores he's sued them into oblivion, he gathered a lot of fame and money due to his faked scores and used that to sue or send his fans after people who questioned them such acts are only going to get one response, these aren't the actions of someone who made a mistake they didn't know, he's reaping what he himself has sown.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 12 April 2018