By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War review thread - Meta: 94 OC: 95

John2290 said:
Intrinsic said:

Then you must be missing my point.

Look guys, I am not saying BB and Nioh are bad. I have both' and the only thing stopping me from platinuming BB is the darn get all weapons trophy which i can-only-do if i play the game again cause apparently i missed out on an NPC that will give me a badge that allows me buy a certain weapon......

You guys ought to relax and just read what I am really saying. And tell me if you honestly dom't see the-same thing in a lot of what would be otherwise god tier games.....

I see what you mean in terms of narrative in both games a d the disjointed story and mission structure of Nioh but I can't see it it in any other area. BB feels super polished and in 2015 the graphics were pretty good. Everything except for the DIY story is and was superb. 

For Nioh I get it too. Mission structure feels off but everywhere else feels amazing. I can understand people seeing this as a draw back for some people or a percieved flaw but the level design and hub map structure is an obvious throw back to older titles in the genre but again, as with BB everything else is super polished. 

At any rate games don't need to excel in all areas, The witcher 3 often celebrated as the best game of all time had glaring issues across the bored from combat to UI to performance yet it didn't hold it back from greatness. Same with other games that lack in areas or have issues  but are still great like Uncharted, The last of us, The elder scrolls games for there time, FF15, Nier automata...i could go on. All great games that suffer in different ways. All 10's or very close to it in my book. 

Nioh and Bloodborne are extremely polished and only lack in one area both for different reasons...narrative but they are also far more evenly polished, at least BB anyway as a whole. 

Thank you. Yes, games dont need to excel in all areas. I adhered to that in my poats too but apmehow some people see you say something is bad that they like and they go on the offensive.

Funny thing is that i like those games too.

BB wasnt poliahed tho, the gane was riddled with framerate and frame oacing issues. Crazy long loading times. Zero anti aliasing.... and it came-out-in the same year the order was released and over a full year after infamous was relessed so we cant even say 2015 graphics.

And i don,t get it.... i appreciate the gameplay loop games likw-BB foece-upon you. That high risk gameplay thing wjere death looms at every corner. But that simply doesnt mean its combat system has any real depth. I used one weapon in BB from start to finish and didnt need to use any itme outside my health potions through out my entire playthrough. and i beat every single boss in the game..... on my first playthrough.

How can that combat system be consifered as the best or even one of the best in a world where gsmes like ninja gaiden exist? Like have gamers gone soft???

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Azuren said:

Then maybe you can elaborate on why the story is so bad instead of making vague and unspecific claims? Because honestly, if you're going to sit here and just talk about how bad it is without giving an actual reason outside of "it's bad because it wasn't spelled out for me", then I have no reason to believe you're doing anything but low-key trolling, if not blatant baiting. This is a God of War thread, and as such there are plenty from the Sony Camp in here. Making claims like this without any real criticism is only going to incite flaming.

Ok... where to start?

Why even start explaining yourself?

There's no actual clear story to Bloodborne, the onus is on others to show via video or explain what the story is clearly without making hundreds of interpretations based on all the little meaningless text you see and the one-liner characters you meet. 

At this point, you're bated into this pointless discussion because you said something negative about one aspect of a game they have been drooling over for years. So now it's almost like delusion, and no amount of evidence will work on those who have made up their mind about the game since a long time ago.

Intrinsic said:
Azuren said:

Then maybe you can elaborate on why the story is so bad instead of making vague and unspecific claims? Because honestly, if you're going to sit here and just talk about how bad it is without giving an actual reason outside of "it's bad because it wasn't spelled out for me", then I have no reason to believe you're doing anything but low-key trolling, if not blatant baiting. This is a God of War thread, and as such there are plenty from the Sony Camp in here. Making claims like this without any real criticism is only going to incite flaming.

Ok... where to start?

1. How do you even end up there getting a transfusion to begin with?
  2. Why is any of this hapoenning, 
  3. Ehats the connection between the hunters dream and the real world and how are you able to keep coming back.
  4. In one of the endings you are allowed to wake up, does that mean it was all a dream to begin with?
  5. why is EVERYONE in the game crazy?
I could go on..... and no, I'm sorry; but having a good story or narrative doesnt mean you have to be holding the persons hand. When you need to go outside the game and read on its lore to even have an inkling of an idea whats hapoenning in it it means the game has goofed up its story.
Low key trolling? get outta here with that nonsense.... so i come and say the game has a convoluted and bad story and that makes me a troll? do u want to see my trophies for the same stupid game in question?
smh..... this is exactly why i-never get-into any game related discussions....
How about this' outside MGS and MGS3 every other MGS has a silly convoluted and bad story. Snd make no mistake, a lot of-hand holding is done in that series.....

1. The Blood Minister tells you point blank at the very beginning of the game that you've come to Yharnam to cure an incurable disease with blood ministration. Either you didn't play the game or you weren't paying attention from the very beginning.

2. Yharnam goes through these "hunts" fairly frequently, something the man in the window at the very second Lantern would have told you. The issue with this hunt is the night is being artificially extended (which is why literally everyone tells you this night is abnormally long).

3. The first question asked that requires research. The dream in which the Messengers come for you is an event in which your real body is taken to the Dreaming World, in this case the Hunter's Dream. When you kneel at a gravestone to warp, you're actually going to sleep, which manifests a dream-self in the real world. When you die in the real world, you awaken in the dream.

4. No, it means the Hunt is over, Gehrman has resumed his task of hosting the Hunter's Dream, and all of the Insight you've gained into the eldritch truth is lost. It's the easiest ending to attain, and also the "happiest" for the player character.

5. Because of a combination of the Blood Moon Ritual and the blood imbibed by the citizens of Yharnam (keep in mind that the people of Yharnam don't just revere the blood, they use it as a means of inebriation).

Every piece of information you need to put the story together is exclusively in the game. No guides have exclusive information, no movies, no comics; just item descriptions, NPC dialogue, context, and the handful of cutscenes. If you can't handle minimalist story-telling, that's fine. But to call a story you so very clearly know nothing about dumb is indeed trollish. It'd be like me talking about how much trash Gears of War is when I've never played a single title.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

https://gfycat.com/widefalseangelfish

Check this out lol 😂 

That's cool. I really liked the two I played on the PS2.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

Check this out lol 😂 

That's beautiful! 

Simpleton said:
That's cool. I really liked the two I played on the PS2.

One is a reboot and one is a rebuild, so you didn't play either in PS2.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I’ve never been interested in this franchise but I’ll admit when I found out they were going into Norse mythology I got slightly interested as it’s something I’ve always been into and carry on studying. Now after seeing reviews and that it’s gotten more mature and has a brilliant story (which is what I always want from a game) I think could be picking it up.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Kerotan said:

Check this out lol 😂 

:) Not bad. I'm pretty sure he was looking at Stacy Keibler strip on a desk IRL, which is a perfectly normal series of reactions when for such an event.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

BraLoD said:
No new reviews yet? XP

Waiting for 95 is a torture...