By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War review thread - Meta: 94 OC: 95

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Men f#ck that... if you are not gonna give it the 10 at least tell us why, i really dont care at all if reviewers give it a 9 but praising it to no end and even saying that it doesnt have anything bad, (essentially making it sound like its a 10/10) only to NOT give it a 10 is just inexplicable to me, is the 10 for these people only reserved for certain franchises? because it really feels that way when you see stuff like this.

jason1637 said:

Oh god no, please... this abuse wasnt even necessary lol.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
BraLoD said:

What I really liked was basically all of them saying the combat was great and yet quite deep.

Sounds like Nioh, me loves some Nioh.

I'd be wildly impressed if this can top Nioh's combat system. I reckon nothing not even bloodborne 2 can top Nioh apart from nioh 2. Such an under rated game. If the combat is even half as good as Nioh GoW will be fantastic.

I think nioh suffers from the vanquish syndrome. Or at least thats what i like to call it. Another game in a similar vein is bloodborne.

These are games that shine in one particular area, with nioh it was its combat, with bloodborne it was level design and pacing and with vanquish it was in its game mechanics. But is mediocre in most other aspects. Its like they are one trick ponies.

estebxx said:
JRPGfan said:

I really hope it does.

https://twitter.com/TheEmpBruh  (Baron black)

He was sooooo sure it wouldnt even get over a 90 score, that he bet someone on a podcast.
If it did get 95 or over, he would buy PS4 and play it (lets play on his channel I think?).

It would be funny (apparently hes very anti sony, he only does nintendo or xbox)

I just read some of that guys twitter posts... such fucking cancer...

why do you follow cancer? do you like cancer? how and why do you even know him? the guy isnt even popular (far from it), these are the type of shitty fanboys that make me want to hate the platfom whose dick they cant stop sucking.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheEmpBruh/status/983469432046542849

LOL cancer 

BraLoD said:
Aeolus451 said:

I watched some of the video reviews and they're all gushing over it. The axe throwing seems to be something they really liked.

What I really liked was basically all of them saying the combat was great and yet quite deep.

Sounds like Nioh, me loves some Nioh.

It really needed depth. It looks like it's alot of fun. Nioh was pretty awesome too.

I haven't watched a single video not have I read a single article/review score. I want it all to be fresh as Fre Shavacado.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
estebxx said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Men f#ck that... if you are not gonna give it the 10 at least tell us why, i really dont care at all if reviewers give it a 9 but praising it to no end and even saying that it doesnt have anything bad, (essentially making it sound like its a 10/10) only to NOT give it a 10 is just inexplicable to me, is the 10 for these people only reserved for certain franchises? because it really feels that way when you see stuff like this.

jason1637 said:

The problem with the scoring that gamespot uses is that it dosent use half points, or in another words, it increases in full points only.I think that, much like IGN review of Persona 5, they think its a superb game, but for some reason it didnt fully click with them, and thus not deserving of being a 10, but a 9.5 or even a 9.7, like it was the case of Persona 5.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
estebxx said:

The problem with the scoring that gamespot uses is that it dosent use half points, or in another words, it increases in full points only.I think that, much like IGN review of Persona 5, they think its a superb game, but for some reason it didnt fully click with them, and thus not deserving of being a 10, but a 9.5 or even a 9.7, like it was the case of Persona 5.

I thought Gamespot used half points? However, unlike IGN GS doesn't have .1 increments.

BraLoD said:
Intrinsic said:

I think nioh suffers from the vanquish syndrome. Or at least thats what i like to call it. Another game in a similar vein is bloodborne.

These are games that shine in one particular area, with nioh it was its combat, with bloodborne it was level design and pacing and with vanquish it was in its game mechanics. But is mediocre in most other aspects. Its like they are one trick ponies.

Nioh and Bloodborne are mediocre in most aspects?

Damn boy, don't go that way xP

But its true.... nioh in particular looked like a PS3 game  half the time, bloodborne basicsally had zero antialiasing. Nioh had forgetable music. Bloodborne had a forgetable story, hell I'm sure most people can't even make heads or tails of its story.

I love BB, but like with most games I play I call it for what it is. I won't let my love for said game make me blind to everything thats wrong with the game. 

Depending on who you talk to, a game thats a 100% in one aspect then 50% everywjere else can still be considered the best game of ever made. I would rather take a game that is 75% across the board. 

Eg look at the order, another one trick pony that unfortunately was only really great where it mattered the least. Its looks. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheEmpBruh/status/983469432046542849

LOL cancer 

Its really crazy when you think about it, not only is it unnecessary shit talk but its also pretty strange thing to say when you consider that the highest score Bayo has gotten was a 92 (Bayo - 90, bayo 2 - 92), while the lowest score of the mainline GOW games is that same 92 (GOW - 94, GOW 2 - 93, GOW 3 - 92, GOW - 94), i think the low point that was ascension really tarnished the franchise in a lot of peoples eyes.

VGPolyglot said:
Nautilus said:

I thought Gamespot used half points? However, unlike IGN GS doesn't have .1 increments.

Never seen a half point in a gamespot review personally.Could be wrong though.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1