By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ninja Theory we can donate $25K to Mental Health America if it sells Xbox One

If it can reach targets NT will donate money to Mental Health causes

EDIT:

They already donated money from sales from previous pc/ps4 sales

http://gearnuke.com/ninja-theory-donates-60k-hellblade-sales-mental-health-charity/

Last edited by piggychan - on 11 April 2018

Around the Network

While it's an admirable thing to donate, this doesn't really sit right with me.

Help us get to 100k sales in the name of CHARITY... and we'll donate a tiny amount of what we make from that to CHARITY.

Charity shouldn't be used to drive sales...

If they just came out and said "10% of sales from launch week will go to charity!" I'd be fine with that, but this just seems weird. xD

Agree a bit with previous statement, it's one thing to announce that "a percentage of our profit will go to charity" and another to use it as an incentive for Xbox players to buy it. We know that gamers happily give money to charity because of Extra Life and such, why was this necessary? They obviously mean well since Hellblade features mental health issues in the game but this move seems weird.

If the game (for some reason) doesn't reach the goal it kinda makes me as an Xbox player look bad because our community made sure that money didn't go to charity (I probably will buy it because I wanted to try it out since PS4 release). The positive is that it will probably reach that goal though, at least that's my guess since it is critically acclaimed to some extent.

Weird move, well-meaning though. Hope they reach the goal for the charity's and Xbox community's sake :P

Barkley said:

Help us get to 100k sales in the name of CHARITY... and we'll donate a tiny amount of what we make from that to CHARITY.

If they just came out and said "10% of sales from launch week will go to charity!" I'd be fine with that, but this just seems weird. xD

Yeah. In fairness I think this is actually how most charities work. At least when it comes to like entertainment shit. Never did sit right with me but what do I know. 

How offputting.

"Buy more of our shit so we give a small margin of our profits to charity, kthanxbye".

Around the Network

This seems.. a little wrong. That being said, more sales data! Wonder how well it'll actually do on xbox one.

Youtubers do this kind of stuff "hit that like button, and i'll do a giveaway". Good Gesture, but NT shouldn't need a reason to do the charity, let the game sell on its own merit.

Barkley said:

Thats just it..... thats what most Charity's do.

They often take most of it, and use it to pay themselves ect and very little actually goes to real help.
Ninja theory would probably be "less"  greedy than most of these professional bleeding hearts that run charity's are.

It's the smart way of doing charity I guess. If they fail to hit the target(s) they can just put the blame on Xbone owners.

If they want to use charity as part of their marketing strategy they should just make a donation right away, as thanks for good sales on PS4 or something, or have a certain amount from every copy sold go to charity. Doing it like this and essentially holding the charity hostage doesn't exactly make you look good.

Its like give me 1 miljon and i will donate 50 thousand. lol