By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption is Native 4K on Xbox One X, looks stunning!

flashfire926 said:

Is it a crime for wanting all these games on one box? Without having to spend more money, or having to re-plug the console in again and again (for those of us that have limited inputs)

And it's not like bc is stopping is stopping the remasters. We are getting both. A lot of games are bc and remastered/rerelease at the same time: bioshock collection, burnout paradise, assassins creed ezio collection and rogue, call of duty 4, gears of war 1, halo 3,4 (mc collection), darksiders, and more.

If it's a choice between having to purchase a defunct system or a buying a more enhanced rerelease then the above is by far the better option ... 

If it's a choice between BC and having remasters then it is arguable on many aspects and perspectives. BC also gives far less incentives to remaster content like we saw with PS2, Wii, GBA, DS and 3DS ... 

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
flashfire926 said:

It's 9x I'm pretty sure. 3x on each axis.

I seem to remember Digital Foundry saying 6x in one of their BC videos. I know that if a game is less than 720p on 360 it will run at under 4k on XB1 X because it's a flat increase. 

720p is 1280x720. Now if we multiply both axis by 3,that would be 3840x2160 (4K).

You're totally right about the second part. For example Oblivion ran at 600p, and 9x res made it 1800p

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

COKTOE said:
Medisti said:

My bad. I thought it was North. Rockstar San Diego, then.

Still, this shows how much effort they really put into those textures. If they look this good when resolution has been increased that much. Absolutely impressive.

To be fair to you, Rockstar North did work on RDR in a support role. No idea exactly what that constituted, but they had their finger in the pie.

I just remember seeing their logo whenever I booted up the game, so I thought they were the main developer. My mistake

Medisti said:
COKTOE said:

To be fair to you, Rockstar North did work on RDR in a support role. No idea exactly what that constituted, but they had their finger in the pie.

I just remember seeing their logo whenever I booted up the game, so I thought they were the main developer. My mistake

You sure are polite. :) Just in case there's any miscommunication: While you were incorrect about Rockstar North being the developer of RDR, I was just saying there was an element of truth to what you said because Rockstar North did help develop the game!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Medisti said:

You sure are polite. :) Just in case there's any miscommunication: While you were incorrect about Rockstar North being the developer of RDR, I was just saying there was an element of truth to what you said because Rockstar North did help develop the game!

Yeah. Not cool of me to give credit to the wrong devs, though. They worked very hard on that games. Especially those textures. ;)

Around the Network
Medisti said:
COKTOE said:

Yeah. Not cool of me to give credit to the wrong devs, though. They worked very hard on that games. Especially those textures. ;)

It doesn't really doesnt help that all Rockstar studios have the exact same logo just color coded, so you can easily get mixed up about which one is which lol

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Should the best reason to own a new premium system be a game from 8 years ago?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:

The game is loved by many and people have been begging for a remaster, because RDR has such a gorgeous world thats being held back by low resolution and jaggies, and the game can't be played anywhere else in this form.   

quickrick said:
Ganoncrotch said:

The game is loved by many and people have been begging for a remaster, because RDR has such a gorgeous world thats being held back by low resolution and jaggies, and the game can't be played anywhere else in this form.   

I think the fact that consoles still exist and thrive while the PC offers pretty much this with every single game available on both the PCs/Consoles proves that not everyone naturally goes for the version of the game with the most pixels.

Again though, you really think that's the best thing the Xbox1X would be used for? playing RDR, as in you would list it on the box of the system over its own native games and other features?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
quickrick said:

I think the fact that consoles still exist and thrive while the PC offers pretty much this with every single game available on both the PCs/Consoles proves that not everyone naturally goes for the version of the game with the most pixels.

Again though, you really think that's the best thing the Xbox1X would be used for? playing RDR, as in you would list it on the box of the system over its own native games and other features?

well its one of the best reasons, but yea i over hyped it :).