By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption is Native 4K on Xbox One X, looks stunning!

These 4k updates are even better than teamsters because they can look amazing and best of all they’re completely free updates. I played through RDR on PS3 though, don’t think I’d rebuy for this.

Around the Network
Medisti said:
flashfire926 said:

all original textures, yes. All Microsoft (yes, this is done by the Xbox backwards compatibility team, not rockstar) has done is increase the resolution and apply 16x anisotropic filtering (dont ask me what that means lol, I'm not really a tech guy).

And I think you mean Rockstar San Diego, not North. Anyways, I agree, this holds up quite well.

My bad. I thought it was North. Rockstar San Diego, then.

Still, this shows how much effort they really put into those textures. If they look this good when resolution has been increased that much. Absolutely impressive.

To be fair to you, Rockstar North did work on RDR in a support role. No idea exactly what that constituted, but they had their finger in the pie.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

They look nice! I wonder how many more games they'll do this for.

AlfredoTurkey said:

And what about those of us who view "better" as meaning, the way it was originally released? When I play OOT, I want to play it on a real N64 on a CRT with an N64 controller and the surround sound system turned on just like it's the 90's. That's the way it was suppose to be played and playing it any other way, makes it a different game entirely.

For people like me, buying a "new" version=worse. There's no value in it at all. If I want new games, I'll buy new games. If I want old games, I'll buy old games.

And how would "technically enhancing" the content through BC be any different ? 

What Microsoft is doing is hardly anymore different than a rerelease ... 

I don't need it...
I don't need it...
I don't need it...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I NEED IIIIITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnBTpFVl4921czUoL9j7BRA3iqc

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Wow that's quite impressive to be honest... I played the game on PS3 and thought it looked pretty good back then (Thinking back now, it probably didn't look very good at all, lol), but yeah, this looks great... although not worth me buying a whole new console over, lol.

AlfredoTurkey said:
fatslob-:O said:

You know what ?

Fuck all the noise about BC (it's just another means to end) or whatever, we all just want access to old content or have it enhanced and that's it! 

Remasters/Remasters/Ports/Reimagining or do whatever the hell needs to be done cause I'm alright with rebuying content in another format if it menas a better experience in the end ...

And what about those of us who view "better" as meaning, the way it was originally released? When I play OOT, I want to play it on a real N64 on a CRT with an N64 controller and the surround sound system turned on just like it's the 90's. That's the way it was suppose to be played and playing it any other way, makes it a different game entirely.

For people like me, buying a "new" version=worse. There's no value in it at all. If I want new games, I'll buy new games. If I want old games, I'll buy old games.

Errr..   you know that "those of you" still have the option to buy the original hardware and play it there, right?

chakkra said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Errr..   you know that "those of you" still have the option to buy the original hardware and play it there, right?

Is it a crime for wanting all these games on one box? Without having to spend more money, or having to re-plug the console in again and again (for those of us that have limited inputs)

And it's not like bc is stopping is stopping the remasters. We are getting both. A lot of games are bc and remastered/rerelease at the same time: bioshock collection, burnout paradise, assassins creed ezio collection and rogue, call of duty 4, gears of war 1, halo 3,4 (mc collection), darksiders, and more.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Medisti said:
Are those the original textures? Because if so, Rockstar North deserves an extra round of applause for how good their work held up with the resolution bump. If not, they can get some applause for going to the trouble of adding a 4K texture pack, lol

Rockstar San Diego made RDR actually, not North. The engine team that made the RAGE engine that Rockstar has been using since 2006 is at Rockstar San Diego as well. 

And yes, those are original textures. All XB1 X does is bump the resolution up by 6x, and give better texture filtering I believe, which is baked into XB1 X at the hardware level.