By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Online dating, what do you think of it?

What do you think about online dating?

I've tried it and like it 11 28.95%

I've tried it and don't like it 6 15.79%

I've tried it unsuccessfu... 4 10.53%

I've never tried, and I t... 3 7.89%

I've never tried, but think I will 5 13.16%

other (please explain) 7 18.42%

See results 2 5.26%

Total:38
VGPolyglot said:
curl-6 said:

Less favourable than for the hot ones, yes, but even girls that look average get a fair amount of attention, much more so than an average looking man. They may have trouble getting an above-average guy to commit to them in a serious relationship, but at least they can get laid with ease, which is more than can be said for their male equivalent.

Just be careful about the path that you could go down, that can lead to disastrous results (Marc Lépine and Elliott Rodger being the extreme examples). Just make sure to not have a sense of animosity towards women as a result of this, remember that they're humans too and they just want to be happy like us.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't hate women, nor do I blame them for my own shortcomings.

I realize I may have come off as resentful but I was really just trying to be analytical.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

What about the girls that dont look like Scarlet Johansen ?  Its incredibly unfavourable for them too :P

Less favourable than for the hot ones, yes, but even girls that look average get a fair amount of attention, much more so than an average looking man. They may have trouble getting an above-average guy to commit to them in a serious relationship, but at least they can get laid with ease, which is more than can be said for their male equivalent. I realize that may sound bitter, but it's just the way things are; supply and demand.

PSintend0 said:

Some odd individuals buy those games and some women might be interested in you. However ugly or handsome you might be, that is not the only thing that people want from a partner. Some might care quite little about how you look and some might be worried that they are not beautiful enough for men and might think the same way as you. World isn´t just full of women dating only the hottest and sexiest men. Men just seem to be more active on dating sites, because that is also what the society tells us, man should ask woman to a date and possible pay (or at least split) the bill.

Cheers. If I had to guess I'd say men outnumber women at least 3 to 1 on most dating sites, which naturally means some guys will be left over. The dating scene functions much like the marketplace. It's a buyer's market, a woman on a dating site typically receives dozens of messages from guys a day, from which she can choose the one she prefers. Demand for women exceeds supply, hence their value skyrockets. Men on the other hand are supplied far in excess of demand, flooding the market and reducing their value.

Still, even if its harder, its a huge amount of people on those sites. Someone will be at least a little interested, and if society keeps changing, then it might become more even for men and women, so it would no longer be just a sausage fest with few pies here and there.

And as I said some women don´t care that much on if looks like a male model or not, so other factors will be much more important to some people than mere looks. If the point is to find someone and not just have sex with as many people as possible, then you don´t necessarily need to get huge amounts of dates.

But yeah, I get it the odds are against you, but that just makes it more of a challenge and doesn´t mean that you shouldn´t even try.

I tried only once, and I will never try again.

The whole idea of looking for a girlfriend online still feels weird to me.

I´d use the internet to make friends, instead. Then, maybe, if I meet one of them and get to know each one better, maybe a relationship may follow. Otherwise, It just wouldn´t work for me.

I met my current girlfriend online, so there you go. But to be honest, we already knew each other before on highscool. Although not exactly friends, we had some conversations (she was my crush's best friend) and we hugged some times too, so I think that definitely helped.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

PSintend0 said:

Still, even if its harder, its a huge amount of people on those sites. Someone will be at least a little interested, and if society keeps changing, then it might become more even for men and women, so it would no longer be just a sausage fest with few pies here and there.

And as I said some women don´t care that much on if looks like a male model or not, so other factors will be much more important to some people than mere looks. If the point is to find someone and not just have sex with as many people as possible, then you don´t necessarily need to get huge amounts of dates.

But yeah, I get it the odds are against you, but that just makes it more of a challenge and doesn´t mean that you shouldn´t even try.

Oh I'm not giving up; I got where I am in life by being a stubborn bastard who keeps trying no matter how hopeless things seem.

Honestly, I'd settle for just hookups at this point, it's more physical intimacy I crave than anything necessarily serious.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 16 April 2018

Around the Network

I think it's cool for shy people. I just hope no one use catfish photos to fool someone into thinking they are good-looking. Truth will net you true love. Just don't tell them how much you are worth. That's my opinion. lol

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p