By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Software Sales - April 1st to April 7th, 2018

After the barren wasteland that was the UK for Nintendo in the WiiU era, I'm continually surprised by how good Nintys legs are now.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Xen said:
The top 6 makes me want to stop entering these threads. Literally the necessary evil.

I don't understand that logic myself, I don't get bothered by those games being at the top.

You are a better man than I am.

bananaking21 said:
Xen said:
The top 6 makes me want to stop entering these threads. Literally the necessary evil.

Necessary Evil? What? Lmao... What nonsense

Necessary evil - the titles that few are gonna remember in 5 years, but are really popular and help sell hardware to people, helping smaller, better games gain a better foothold. Still not a happy sight though.

You guys take April sales way too seriously. The sales right now are absolutely pitiful outside of big new releases.

Like #2 could be 5,000 sales and #30 could be 3,000 sales. Very low sales with very little gap between them.

JRPGfan said:

The UK seems to like Sea of Theives more than any other region in the world? it seems that way.

Xen said:

Ive said it before.... the brits have really questionable taste levels, imo lol.

I wholeheartedly agree. UK seems to have the worst tastes in the world.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

MS having a pretty good week. 3 Xbox exclusives in the top 5.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
You guys take April sales way too seriously. The sales right now are absolutely pitiful outside of big new releases.

Like #2 could be 5,000 sales and #30 could be 3,000 sales. Very low sales with very little gap between them.

Yea, that's something I never got about this thread. Sure, it's nice to know the positions, but without numbers it means little. Take SoT, for example. Using the estimates from the previous weeks, it's probably not even hit 40K in 3 weeks. I don't think these include digital sales, but you get the point. 

thismeintiel said:
Farsala said:

Yea, that's something I never got about this thread. Sure, it's nice to know the positions, but without numbers it means little. Take SoT, for example. Using the estimates from the previous weeks, it's probably not even hit 40K in 3 weeks. I don't think these include digital sales, but you get the point. 

[Week 12, 2018] 01 (NE) SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT) - 22,695 / NEW [Week 13, 2018] 03 (01) SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT) - 10,894 / 33,589 (-52%) [Week 14, 2018] 03 (03) SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT) - 7,408 / 40,997 (-32%)​

jason1637 said:
thismeintiel said:

[Week 12, 2018] 01 (NE) SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT) - 22,695 / NEW [Week 13, 2018] 03 (01) SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT) - 10,894 / 33,589 (-52%) [Week 14, 2018] 03 (03) SEA OF THIEVES (MICROSOFT) - 7,408 / 40,997 (-32%)​

So just over 40K, still not the greatest sales for a big exclusive. Is this the only game we have numbers for, BTW?  

thismeintiel said:
Farsala said:

7,408 for 3rd place means pretty small sales, to be fair it is the same worldwide for April, arguably the slowest month WW.

UK sale charts always hurt my soul. these people have 0 taste in games.