By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games That are Good at One Genre but Suck at Another

Tagged games:

COKTOE said:
COKTOE said:
There seems to be some mild confusion as to the parameters of what the op is asking. It's a good question, and I'm having a difficult time coming up with even a half-decent example.

Hey dummy, you did it! Tekken 3! One of my favorite games of the 5th gen, and a brilliant fighting game also featured an, at the very best, mediocre single player, side scrolling adventure mode called Tekken Force Mode. It can probably be safely filed away in the "Sucks" folder.

Also featured a really bad volleyball mode, or "Tekken Ball"

Tekken does bowling pretty well in my opinion though.

Around the Network

Persona is an amazing fighting game, rhythm game, and dating sim series, but an overrated, and easy af RPG series.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Metal Gear Solid 5

Decent Open World. Terrible Story Based Game.

Landale_Star said:
COKTOE said:

Hey dummy, you did it! Tekken 3! One of my favorite games of the 5th gen, and a brilliant fighting game also featured an, at the very best, mediocre single player, side scrolling adventure mode called Tekken Force Mode. It can probably be safely filed away in the "Sucks" folder.

Also featured a really bad volleyball mode, or "Tekken Ball"

Tekken does bowling pretty well in my opinion though.

Oh yeah! It's been so long I totally forgot about those modes. Gotta hand it to Namco though. Even though they had mixed results, at least they tries to flesh out their arcade ports with extra content.

Ultrashroomz said:

Persona is an amazing fighting game, rhythm game, and dating sim series, but an overrated, and easy af RPG series.

;)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

It is an excellent action adventure game, however, the stealth section is underwhelming and only happens once. It would be different if they expanded upon the stealth idea, however, it just seems forced the fact that you only do it once - and at the start of the game.

Around the Network

Stealth sections in pretty much any game that isn't primarily designed as a stealth game, i.e. Zelda games. The series is overall my favorite series, but some of the stealth sections are frustrating. Looking at you, Yiga Clan Hideout.