By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [PotW] What Motivates You To Buy a New Console?

What motivates you to buy a new console?

Bundles/Game Pack-ins 42 4.04%

New Colors 21 2.02%

Price Cut 154 14.82%

New Game Releases 587 56.50%

Hardware Redesign 170 16.36%

Other 65 6.26%

Total:1,039
Ka-pi96 said:
Farsala said:
Exclusives and price. Before PS3 I got most of my consoles as random gifts, didn't even ask for them.

Since then:

PS3: Final Fantasy Versus XIII primarily
360: Was $50 with 10 games and a controller

PS4: Exclusives

Ouch.

Did you have fun with the games that did actually release on the console though?

Yes but it wasn't one of my top generations. World of Warcraft made up for its flaws.

Around the Network

What motivates me to buy a new console: the games, essentially.
What prevents me to buy a new console: money

It's all about the games.

Once the hardware and library is proven to be sound and have longevity. Which can also tie in nicely with price cuts and/or bundles sometimes.

Games for the most part. If it has a game, or list of games I really want to play, I buy the console. That's all it comes down to really.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Foundation and Games.

Price was a main factor when i was younger. Now Price doesnt matter anymore hence my PC build. Ill pay more for more.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 09 April 2018

For the Switch, it was Zelda BotW. I had a WiiU but wanted the definitive version. Ever since the N64 days, Zelda was the only Nintendo franchise I touched. Due to portability, Nintendo won me over and I found myself feeling like I was missing out being being pretty much an exclusive PS and PC gamer since the PS2 as I delve back into the exclusive games that Nintendo has to offer.

So in the past, I would have told you games, games, games. But after the Switch's portability offering me more ways to play and more playtime in general, I would say that while it is still mainly games, a console's unique features have a lot to do with it as well.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Games, of course. Why would we buy a new console/upgrade our PC if it weren't to play the new games?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

SNES and PS1, my parents got them for me.

PS2, on release, present.

GC, PS3 and PS4, all because of a game. Same for PS5, and as they are taking their sweet time over it, it'll probably be the next Dragon Age game as that certainly isn't coming out this gen. EA are messed up.

Hmm, pie.

boredom