Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest XI for Switch delay due UE4, game based on PS4 version of game, why was announced for Switch so early

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Well luckily no one in this thread was doing that  

You very much were. Luckily, you admitted you were most likely wrong, so it's forgivable. Though, you're not the only one.

Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Well luckily no one in this thread was doing that  

You very much were. Luckily, you admitted you were most likely wrong, so it's forgivable. Though, you're not the only one.

I very much was not, although I can understand how sometimes we tend to oversimplify things as black and white, this is not the situation to do so. 

Zelda fans are the worst 

Ok let's not turn this into fight folks.

Nuvendil said:
Ok let's not turn this into fight folks.

Meh, I'm down with it if NintendoPie specifically intends to confront me ... (he seems like he wants to pick an argument with me since I'm only other one "defending" Square Enix) 

It kind of sounds like it's up to Nintendo to update the version of UE on the console, or something like that. Though I guess they can still make due with the current one it sounds..?

Well, I suppose we know it's still coming to the Switch. Perhaps they should have released the 3DS version in the meantime, if it's going to take a good while for the Switch version.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
It kind of sounds like it's up to Nintendo to update the version of UE on the console, or something like that. Though I guess they can still make due with the current one it sounds..?

Well, I suppose we know it's still coming to the Switch. Perhaps they should have released the 3DS version in the meantime, if it's going to take a good while for the Switch version.

UE4's maintenance and updates are Epic's prerogative.  It's each developer's responsibility to keep up with that.  Nintendo isn't charged with whiping the collective bottoms of the game industry.

Edit: to be clear it isn't Microsoft's or Sony's either for their platforms.

I'm just glad they are not keeping the other versions back while they wait for this. Sucks though.

Nuvendil said:
Cloudman said:

UE4's maintenance and updates are Epic's prerogative.  It's each developer's responsibility to keep up with that.  Nintendo isn't charged with whiping the collective bottoms of the game industry.

Edit: to be clear it isn't Microsoft's or Sony's either for their platforms.

Ah, I see. I was just unsure how it worked in this situation with the Unreal Engine on the Switch.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

They shouldn't have said anything. No matter what they say, nintendo fans are gonna flip because they can't understand that an underpowered system is a problem to port to.
Nintendo is the only one to blame, imo. They made their choice,with all it's advantages and disavantages. That and people's expectations always running wild.

Yes, i know someone will flip at my comment too, because having an unbiased opinion is an offense. I'll say in advance, i will ignore such posts.

Temper your expectations, it's all i'm saying.

They should have let Nintendo and Level 5 (or even Spike Chunsoft) handle the game.

Square Enix’s internal dev teams can’t do anything right anymore.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.