By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Far Cry 5 video on feed question: Treatment of Conservatives

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

Ah, that makes me weary of watching that.

Then this applies to you too:

Honestly you're nurturing ignorance by living in a bubble like that. You cant read or watch something with viewpoints that you don't agree with? That's why extremism on both the left and right are becoming more of a problem in this country, people only consume what they agree with already, polarizing them further,

It sounds like you need a safe space when you're weary of something you might disagree with.

Quite the contrary - I think the primary polarizing driver in politics is people actively looking for someone to disagree with and argue with. Both right and left and whatever other spectrum - many, including the media, actively tries to find the most extreme opinions so they can ridicule them (in the process spreading those extreme opinions to a larger audience, and often generalizing them onto a much larger group that in reality don't have those extreme opinions). Ignoring people is a perfectly valid course of action.

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

I didn't say that I wasn't going to watch it, I said I'm weary of watching it. I might it end watching it eventually but my mind is probably already going to be set.

But why are you "Weary" in the first place? That's almost a synonym of scared. And you based that on a one sentence summary that contained the word SJW in it.

Why are you set?

Not just the word SJW, but beta male as well.

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

But why are you "Weary" in the first place? That's almost a synonym of scared. And you based that on a one sentence summary that contained the word SJW in it.

Why are you set?

Does this sound better to you? 

""Why is this feminine looking half-black dude even reviewing video games like this to begin with."  - this video

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Why are you set?

OK, that's just adding an extra phrase though, buy genuinely interested in why that makes you weary and why are you set?

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

OK, that's just adding an extra phrase though, buy genuinely interested in why that makes you weary and why are you set?

Well, how about I watch the video and get back to you?

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
contestgamer said:

Then this applies to you too:

Honestly you're nurturing ignorance by living in a bubble like that. You cant read or watch something with viewpoints that you don't agree with? That's why extremism on both the left and right are becoming more of a problem in this country, people only consume what they agree with already, polarizing them further,

It sounds like you need a safe space when you're weary of something you might disagree with.

Quite the contrary - I think the primary polarizing driver in politics is people actively looking for someone to disagree with and argue with. Both right and left and whatever other spectrum - many, including the media, actively tries to find the most extreme opinions so they can ridicule them (in the process spreading those extreme opinions to a larger audience, and often generalizing them onto a much larger group that in reality don't have those extreme opinions). Ignoring people is a perfectly valid course of action.

You dont need to actively disagree with anyone, you can absorb information without judgement. Ignoring entire sides of an issue leaves you ignorant to it, and creates a bubble around you. Reality isn't black or white, left and right. It's all shades and if you ignore one side of everything you're not growing, you've accepted your ideas as fact and you're set in your ways.

I used to work in a very redneck-ish area. I'd hear diatribes against evolution or black people or democrats almost on a daily basis. I kind of wish I still had access to that pipeline of opinion, especially with regards to Far Cry 5.

@contestgamer is he actually serious? The video is a joke.

contestgamer said:
Teeqoz said:

You dont need to actively disagree with anyone, you can absorb information without judgement. Ignoring entire sides of an issue leaves you ignorant to it, and creates a bubble around you. Reality isn't black or white, left and right. It's all shades and if you ignore one side of everything you're not growing, you've accepted your ideas as fact and you're set in your ways.

Ignoring one person or one video is not the same as ignoring an entire side of an argument.

However, if there is one thing I do have to say, it's that I don't understand the reasoning for making a thread based on a video that you haven't even seen.