By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Far Cry 5 video on feed question: Treatment of Conservatives

LivingMetal said:
FloatingWaffles said:

I did watch the video. 

As did I.  It looks like a bunch of snowflake bay area babies with such a narrow perception and understanding of the world outside of their fragile bubble.

Honestly in my experience the bubble is bigger around people in places like Montana or Mississippi than California or New York's important regions. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network
KrspaceT said:
LivingMetal said:

As did I.  It looks like a bunch of snowflake bay area babies with such a narrow perception and understanding of the world outside of their fragile bubble.

Honestly in my experience the bubble is bigger around people in places like Montana or Mississippi than California or New York's important regions. 

That's because being from Mississippi, I love all people, and my friends are some of the more tolerant people I know.  We accept people for who they are whether we agree or disagree because in the end, we are all human.

FloatingWaffles said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

So this is where the excuses start coming out. The thread is LITERALLY ABOUT the content creators content and you're not going to critique that when it's convenient? 

I don't dislike what you are saying because you are "calling it out", by the way, really who gives a shit anymore what journalists are called out for anymore. I dislike what you're saying because it's literally wrong. Despite everyone overreacting and downvoting the hell out of Gamespot's video, it's pretty clear what happened was that content creators like No Bullshit saw an easy target and decided to misinterpret the journalists. Literally go to the video and give me a timestamp to where they said "duhhh duhhh I'm confused because conservicukcs arnt monsters duhh duhh". Once you show me that I will agree with you. Until then it looks like you just grabbed onto the same misreprsentation that everyone else did

What? I'm not making excuses, if that sounded like one then that wasn't what I meant, I was just commenting more on the whole topic of how people let their own expectations blur their view on what Far Cry 5 actually was rather than the dude's entire video honestly.  Like, I can see what you mean where it does look like I conveniently ignored the rest of the video and what the dude said, and I agree it seems like that, but that wasn't my intention at least. 

So wait ... 

You aren't commenting on No Bullshit's video

OR the video he's responding to 

Look I apologize if i'm being a bit harsh on you, but you should really think about what you're writing before you write it. I mean, No Bullshit's video came out the exact day FC5 released, yet the video he was responding to was almost a month old. So what is being talked about ITT isn't even really the reception the game got from random people, but a few journalists in particular. 

I find what gamers have been doing recently, where they just completely disregard people off ignorant misrepresentations, to be troublesome. So even if all of this was a misunderstanding, you have to understand the implications of just stereotyping journalists. And also while I can see that you're talking about a much broader context, that context doesn't make much sense in correlation to the thread, because No Bullshit's video released before a broader context was made, and thats even more so true with the journalists.

CaptainExplosion said:
I'd say the game's treatment of conservatives is disturbingly accurate. They're the NRA, Klan and Republican Party all rolled into one, essentially turning America into a white trash hellhole again.

Whew, lucky they didn't do progressives, might have been an AO rating then.

KrspaceT said:
LivingMetal said:

You've spent a ton of time in Montana and Mississippi right?

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:

What? I'm not making excuses, if that sounded like one then that wasn't what I meant, I was just commenting more on the whole topic of how people let their own expectations blur their view on what Far Cry 5 actually was rather than the dude's entire video honestly.  Like, I can see what you mean where it does look like I conveniently ignored the rest of the video and what the dude said, and I agree it seems like that, but that wasn't my intention at least. 

So wait ... 

You aren't commenting on No Bullshit's video

OR the video he's responding to 

Look I apologize if i'm being a bit harsh on you, but you should really think about what you're writing before you write it. I mean, No Bullshit's video came out the exact day FC5 released, yet the video he was responding to was almost a month old. So what is being talked about ITT isn't even really the reception the game got from random people, but a few journalists in particular. 

I find what gamers have been doing recently, where they just completely disregard people off ignorant misrepresentations, to be troublesome. So even if all of this was a misunderstanding, you have to understand the implications of just stereotyping journalists. And also while I can see that you're talking about a much broader context, that context doesn't make much sense in correlation to the thread, because No Bullshit's video released before a broader context was made, and thats even more so true with the journalists.

I don't know if you're personally speaking to me about this stuff, such as when you mention "you have to understand the implications of just stereotyping journalists", because again I wasn't stereotyping anyone, I was just pointing out what I saw. 

I do think about what I write before writing it. I don't think my original comment was out of place in terms of the broader context, I just thought it made sense to mention that since it went with the topic of people being confused about Far Cry 5, but I do agree that in regards to what this actual thread is about, that being NoBullshit's video, that it seems a bit out of place, especially like you said since I didn't even comment on the actual video, so yeah that I agree with, still wasn't my intention though lol. 

KrspaceT said:

Recently saw a video from a creator called 'No Bullshit' appear on my feed called 'Far Cry 5 Confuseds SJWs because Conservatives aren't Monsters'. Because I refuse to support people who make videos like that (mostly because whenever I see such a tag it's about things like there being female pirates in that Ubisoft pirate game or non-white soldiers in the U.S Army in CoD 2017, which is actually historically accurate) and do not want the videos clogging up my feed I have not clicked on it, but I am curious if anyone is familiar with what he is going on about. 

Is it because the game didn't have every person in Montana act blodothirsty and that apparently confused 'SJWs'? Is it something else? 

Honestly you're nurturing ignorance by living in a bubble like that. You cant read or watch something with viewpoints that you don't agree with? That's why extremism on both the left and right are becoming more of a problem in this country, people only consume what they agree with already, polarizing them further,

FloatingWaffles said: 

Like I said, all of that is fine and dandy, except a broader context didnt even exist when both videos were made. So I dont know what you expected your comment to be perceived as. Also, wouldnt it have been convenient to simply clarify when responding to me telling you to watch the video? 

contestgamer said:
KrspaceT said:

Recently saw a video from a creator called 'No Bullshit' appear on my feed called 'Far Cry 5 Confuseds SJWs because Conservatives aren't Monsters'. Because I refuse to support people who make videos like that (mostly because whenever I see such a tag it's about things like there being female pirates in that Ubisoft pirate game or non-white soldiers in the U.S Army in CoD 2017, which is actually historically accurate) and do not want the videos clogging up my feed I have not clicked on it, but I am curious if anyone is familiar with what he is going on about. 

Is it because the game didn't have every person in Montana act blodothirsty and that apparently confused 'SJWs'? Is it something else? 

Honestly you're nurturing ignorance by living in a bubble like that. You cant read or watch something with viewpoints that you don't agree with? That's why extremism on both the left and right are becoming more of a problem in this country, people only consume what they agree with already, polarizing them further,

They all seemed to agree that the gameplay itself was good.  But with any characterizations that doesn't fall in line with their paradigm, they have a problem seeing past it to enjoy the game.  Closed mindedness and intolerance.

FloatingWaffles said: 

Like I said, all of that is fine and dandy, except a broader context didnt even exist when both videos were made. So I dont know what you expected your comment to be perceived as. Also, wouldnt it have been convenient to simply clarify when responding to me telling you to watch the video? 

To be fair, I could say the same thing back to you about how you could have written more about what you felt my comment apparently missed instead of just saying to watch the video before commenting lol. Which is why I just simply wrote back "I did watch the video", cause I didn't know what you were trying to get across with your comment since you didn't go into specifics. But anyway, my original post didn't need to be perceived as anything anyway, again I was just writing what I saw happened.