By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wolfenstein 2 (direct-feed), Crash N.Sane Trilogy and Dark Souls Remaster Switch footage

Wolfenstein II look quite good and clearly better than Doom, I cant belive that even DF said that Doom on Switch is more/less of what Switch hardware is capable even with fact that Doom was Switch 1st year game, first bigger 3rd party game, 1st Panic Button game, while fact is that with time devs will be more familiar with hardware with more experiences and dev tools mature so they, so later they will have better results and future games will be look even better.

Around the Network

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, before Switch's launch I worried it would be basically just a portable Wii U graphically, thankfully plenty of games now show that's not the case.

And yes, absolutely, getting it day one. It looks like the kind of game I'd love.

I think the best way to look at it is similar to the Dreamcast.  The Dreamcast was without a doubt a 6th gen system spec wise, it was beyond the 5th gen.  But there was a good sized gap between it and the other competitors. Case in point, Sonic Adventure 2 vs Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.  Same game, but on GameCube you got enhanced graphics and performance.  I would say in this comparison Switch is the Dreamcast and Xbone and PS4 are the GameCube and Xbox respectively.  Perhaps a New 3DS-esque hardware revision down the line could move it to a position similar to where the PS2 was.  But for now, it sits just on the edge.

The Wii U was more like the original Wii, being above the prior generation enough to be noticeable but way behind PS360.

Well, the difference though was that the Dreamcast preceded those consoles, while the Switch succeeds them.

Update: Handheld footage added

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEtCoKFgmuA

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Gyro aiming might force me to buy wolfenstein2 for Switch. And it looks good also on Switch so thats a relief.

Last edited by PSintend0 - on 07 April 2018

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Nuvendil said:

I think the best way to look at it is similar to the Dreamcast.  The Dreamcast was without a doubt a 6th gen system spec wise, it was beyond the 5th gen.  But there was a good sized gap between it and the other competitors. Case in point, Sonic Adventure 2 vs Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.  Same game, but on GameCube you got enhanced graphics and performance.  I would say in this comparison Switch is the Dreamcast and Xbone and PS4 are the GameCube and Xbox respectively.  Perhaps a New 3DS-esque hardware revision down the line could move it to a position similar to where the PS2 was.  But for now, it sits just on the edge.

The Wii U was more like the original Wii, being above the prior generation enough to be noticeable but way behind PS360.

Well, the difference though was that the Dreamcast preceded those consoles, while the Switch succeeds them.

Came out after you mean.  And this is true, Dreamcast was first to market and Switch was last.

And yes, I consider Switch gen 8.  Which has less to do with specs and number of predecessors and more to do with which systems would be considered its peers and contemporaries.   Which are the PS4 and Xbone lines and I doubt that outlook will change.  

But I was simply giving a point of comparison for the power gap.  

Nuvendil said:
VGPolyglot said:

Came out after you mean.  And this is true, Dreamcast was first to market and Switch was last.

And yes, I consider Switch gen 8.  Which has less to do with specs and number of predecessors and more to do with which systems would be considered its peers and contemporaries.   Which are the PS4 and Xbone lines and I doubt that outlook will change.  

Isn't that what I said? 

Nuvendil said:
VGPolyglot said:

So... Nintendo had 2 gen 8 systems? Or two gen 7 systems? That's crazy. xD

Anyway, what if PS5 releases next year as rumors are saying? By your definition, Switch would "switch" to gen 9 instead.

Due to that inconsistency, if we want to still count generations, I think it would be fair and simple to just label them by order of release. 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Crash looks like a pretty solid port; unless they handicap it with some idiotic shit like being digital only, I can see it passing the million mark on Switch.