By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wolfenstein 2 (direct-feed), Crash N.Sane Trilogy and Dark Souls Remaster Switch footage

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah I've played through Doom docked and the textures here in Wolf II definitely look better.

Incidentally, do you ever give handheld a go?  Even if you prefer docked, it's an impressive thing to see Doom, Fast RMX (whcih even if you owned Neo, still worth getting), and the like running in handheld mode.  Yeah it can look soft sometimes but honestly, seeing Doom running on such a compact handheld device is kinda mindblowing.

Did briefly undock it just for the novelty of seeing a modern AAA game run on a portable, which is indeed pretty staggering as I grew up in the age of the original Gameboy.

As an even more advanced game, Wolfenstein II should be most technically sophisticated title on Switch when it launches.

Around the Network

Here's some more Dark Souls footage, courtesy of gameXplain

Last edited by JSG87 - on 07 April 2018

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

Incidentally, do you ever give handheld a go?  Even if you prefer docked, it's an impressive thing to see Doom, Fast RMX (whcih even if you owned Neo, still worth getting), and the like running in handheld mode.  Yeah it can look soft sometimes but honestly, seeing Doom running on such a compact handheld device is kinda mindblowing.

Did briefly undock it just for the novelty of seeing a modern AAA game run on a portable, which is indeed pretty staggering as I grew up in the age of the original Gameboy.

As an even more advanced game, Wolfenstein II should be most technically sophisticated title on Switch when it launches.

That it will.  The Switch may not be as powerful as the PS4 and Xbone, but between Doom, Wolfenstein 2, and Fast RMX, the system is definitely punching above its weight.  Even Super Mario Odyssey makes quite a case for its capabilities. 

I know you grabbed Doom, will you be getting Wolfenstein 2?  Just curious.

Also, it's funny how usually it's CoD that shows up out of obligation on Nintendo and Bethesda is a million miles away but this time CoD is taking its time and we got Doom and Wolfenstein 2 instead.  Not that I'm complaining, I'll take those over CoD any day of the week :P

dark souls on handheld... what a dream. good graphics or not, it’s a must buy for me.

wolfenstein ii needs gyro aiming. it’s one way the switch has the advantage over competition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9SW5TALKuI

A PS4/Switch comparison. Sweet!

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

That it will.  The Switch may not be as powerful as the PS4 and Xbone, but between Doom, Wolfenstein 2, and Fast RMX, the system is definitely punching above its weight.  Even Super Mario Odyssey makes quite a case for its capabilities. 

Yeah, before Switch's launch I worried it would be basically just a portable Wii U graphically, thankfully plenty of games now show that's not the case.

And yes, absolutely, getting it day one. It looks like the kind of game I'd love.

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

Yeah, before Switch's launch I worried it would be basically just a portable Wii U graphically, thankfully plenty of games now show that's not the case.

And yes, absolutely, getting it day one. It looks like the kind of game I'd love.

I think the best way to look at it is similar to the Dreamcast.  The Dreamcast was without a doubt a 6th gen system spec wise, it was beyond the 5th gen.  But there was a good sized gap between it and the other competitors. Case in point, Sonic Adventure 2 vs Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.  Same game, but on GameCube you got enhanced graphics and performance.  I would say in this comparison Switch is the Dreamcast and Xbone and PS4 are the GameCube and Xbox respectively.  Perhaps a New 3DS-esque hardware revision down the line could move it to a position similar to where the PS2 was.  But for now, it sits just on the edge.

The Wii U was more like the original Wii, being above the prior generation enough to be noticeable but way behind PS360.

Thechalkblock said:
dark souls on handheld... what a dream. good graphics or not, it’s a must buy for me.

wolfenstein ii needs gyro aiming. it’s one way the switch has the advantage over competition.

I believe it is getting gyro aiming.  Can't remember for sure.

Nuvendil said:
Thechalkblock said:

I believe it is getting gyro aiming.  Can't remember for sure.

I can't see any good reason why it wouldn't; they've got it up and running on Doom already, surely porting it across to Wolfenstein is simple enough.

Chrizum said:
I guess you can't expect more from Switch, but Wolfenstein has some severe framerate problems and audio stutter. Textures are really low resolution as well. Is it really any better than Doom?

Its look quite good, we dont have even month of release so game is months from release and there will be further optimisation, clearly look better than Doom.