By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5's rumored specs are... ridiculous

Dark_Feanor said:
DonFerrari said:

Besides PS4 which console from Sony used proven technologies and architectures? PS3 had at least Cell as unproven and even Bluray drive, PS2 and PS1 were internally developed architetures.

What kind of counter-argument is that?

The PS3 was a technological nightmare. It fails in ALL its performance goals and almost tank Sony - that at the time was in a far better financial situation that they are now. 

Do you think Sony would risk burning billions of dollars in a gamble that would give them no extra advantages?

Besides the consoles being almost 25 and 20 years of age, both PS1 and PS2 were full of third party parts and old technologies. The only real novelty of the PS2 was the DVD drive.

Take a look at this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion_Engine

https://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/R5900

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R5000

The base of the PS2 CPU, launched in 2000 was a MIPS processor launched in 1996 that was used in arcade cabinets.

[Insert "I rest my case" meme here]

So after admitting PS3 was a tech nightmare you rest you case of Sony ALWAYS using proved technologies and architetures?

You should rest your mind.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
DonFerrari said:

Wasn't microsoft wealthiness something you said would grant them the leading this gen?

I never said that. But I know what you are trying to bate me into.

This thread, since the is another, doesn't concern with winners and losers, only with technologies and performance.

So if anyone looked at your 2000 posts they wouldn't ever find you using MS financial power as a mean to win gen 8?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

So after admitting PS3 was a tech nightmare you rest you case of Sony ALWAYS using proved technologies and architetures?

Did you even bother to read my post or read the links? You should have tried harder.

I will write one more and last time. It can´t be clear than that.

The only time Sony used, or tried to use unproven* technologies they almost killed the company. They went from an 80% market share to roughly 33%.

The story is narrated here https://www.amazon.com/Race-New-Game-Machine-Playstation/dp/0806531010 

*I have to be fair, the PS3 PowerPC core was proven in workstations and Apple PCs. The real killers were the SPEs and Blu Ray.

DonFerrari said:
Dark_Feanor said:

I never said that. But I know what you are trying to bate me into.

This thread, since the is another, doesn't concern with winners and losers, only with technologies and performance.

So if anyone looked at your 2000 posts they wouldn't ever find you using MS financial power as a mean to win gen 8?

Alas, this has nothing to do with my posts in this threads, and it is a "non sequitur", pointless to this discussion in 2018... 

Be my guest. But you have to find the full thread, with the full context and my post has to be a clear affirmation:

"Microsoft WILL WIN the 8 gen BECAUSE it has MORE money."

However. 
If I had more time to lose, I can check for many, many posts of people claiming Microsoft would simply abandon the Xbox One. Or that would be outsold by the WiiU... 

Oh boy, so many memories of 2012/2013. I with ethomaz was here. He would be proudly showing leaks of Semiaccurated and twits from Thuway (was that the name of that Pakistani medical student?)

Dark_Feanor said:
DonFerrari said:

Did you even bother to read my post or read the links? You should have tried harder.

The only time Sony used, or tried to use unproven* technologies they almost killed the company. They went from an 80% market share to roughly 33%.

The story is narrated here https://www.amazon.com/Race-New-Game-Machine-Playstation/dp/0806531010 

*I have to be fair, the PS3 PowerPC core was proven in workstations and Apple PCs. The real killers were the SPEs and Blu Ray.

You can rephrase as many times as you want, but you were the one who said "Nintendo, MS and Sony will always use proven technology and architetures" so any single case of they not doing that already breaks your argument, so stop trying to win the argument by shouting.

Dark_Feanor said:
DonFerrari said:

Alas, this has nothing to do with my posts in this threads, and it is a "non sequitur", pointless to this discussion in 2018... 

Be my guest. But you have to find the full thread, with the full context and my post has to be a clear affirmation:

"Microsoft WILL WIN the 8 gen BECAUSE it has MORE money."

However. 
If I had more time to lose, I can check for many, many posts of people claiming Microsoft would simply abandon the Xbox One. Or that would be outsold by the WiiU... 

Oh boy, so many memories of 2012/2013. I with ethomaz was here. He would be proudly showing leaks of Semiaccurated and twits from Thuway (was that the name of that Pakistani medical student?)

It isn't pointless. If MS infinite money didn't made they take loses on X1 to win more market, you can't use their money as an evidence that they would do so for any future generation.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

It isn't pointless. If MS infinite money didn't made they take loses on X1 to win more market, you can't use their money as an evidence that they would do so for any future generation.

The fact is: that was not what I was saying.

It had nothing to do with infinity money, nor winning or losing (both things I really don´t care, and has never cared).

Please, read the post again...

You can cleary see that

AlfredoTurkey said: 
Sony can choose to take a hit on hardware if they want so, anything is possible.

It was Alfredo that raised the possibility that Sony can that a hit on the hardware.

My answer was that whatever hit Sony can take with discounted hardware, Microsoft can take even more.

You need only to know basic English to understand NOTHING in this post has with winning or losing a generation.  
It is about making or losing MONEY. 

I complimented the post, point that Sony doesn't need to engage in an aggressive hardware arms race with a Microsoft. 

And to finish this BS. You wrote a lot, but you haven´t given your opinion if this leak is real or not. You are more interested in nitpicking my posts and failing to understand simple phrases and arguments.

DonFerrari said:

You can rephrase as many times as you want, but you were the one who said "Nintendo, MS and Sony will always use proven technology and architetures" so any single case of they not doing that already breaks your argument, so stop trying to win the argument by shouting.

Are you familiar with the Future and Conditional Future tense in English?

I´m saing they WILL and WOULD or MIGHT and PROBABLE a lot in this thread. You can not find past evidence against my forecast of future events.

You could not even get that past event and than make a induction into the future, because I showed you that the PS2 was based on a 4 years old CPU. Or ignore that the PS3 was a traumatic lesson to the industry that exotic hardware days were numbered. And it would be stupid to Sony repeat that error.

We can even go to the 90s with exotic custom hardware and you will find that Nintendo, Sony, Sega, Atari, etc... all used older architectures as base for theirsconsoles. 

Dark_Feanor said:
DonFerrari said:

The fact is: that was not what I was saying.

It had nothing to do with infinity money, nor winning or losing (both things I really don´t care, and has never cared).

Please, read the post again...

You can cleary see that

It was Alfredo that raised the possibility that Sony can that a hit on the hardware.

My answer was that whatever hit Sony can take with discounted hardware, Microsoft can take even more.

You need only to know basic English to understand NOTHING in this post has with winning or losing a generation.  
It is about making or losing MONEY. 

I complimented the post, point that Sony doesn't need to engage in an aggressive hardware arms race with a Microsoft. 

And to finish this BS. You wrote a lot, but you haven´t given your opinion if this leak is real or not. You are more interested in nitpicking my posts and failing to understand simple phrases and arguments.

The leak is ridiculous, not because of the supposed tech inside, but because the most probable release date for PS5 hovers between 2020 and 2021 not 2018.

Sure it was Alfredo who raised, but wanted to be better and show MS can do more, while evidence is that even though they have more money they haven't used it to either sell X1 at a significant lower price taking loss or even investing in more games heavily, so the "can" in this case is very very "anything can happen including the sun eating up earth tomorrow".

Dark_Feanor said:
DonFerrari said:

Are you familiar with the Future and Conditional Future tense in English?

I´m saing they WILL and WOULD or MIGHT and PROBABLE a lot in this thread. You can not find past evidence against my forecast of future events.

You could not even get that past event and than make a induction into the future, because I showed you that the PS2 was based on a 4 years old CPU. Or ignore that the PS3 was a traumatic lesson to the industry that exotic hardware days were numbered. And it would be stupid to Sony repeat that error.

We can even go to the 90s with exotic custom hardware and you will find that Nintendo, Sony, Sega, Atari, etc... all used older architectures as base for theirsconsoles. 

Still when you use "always" and keep at it (and funny you know want to excuse it on the future tense, but wanted to use past evidence) you are default wrong. The past evidence you used shows that there were more than once technology that wasn't proven being used and that special architectures were also used, and you can't prove it won't happen in the future so you can't rest your case.

So instead of accusing anyone of nitpicking just accept your claim as wrong.

Dark_Feanor said:
DonFerrari said:

what unproven technology are you talking about here exactly?

i get the feeling you're a bit confused, but can't pinpoint exactly in which part

what in the recent ps5 leaks draws a parallel to the ps3? I have to say that from what I read it all seems mundanely plausible to the point I could have predicted the same

*I am going to copy paste my previous comment on another topic from PS5 rumor *

You guys late for the April fool

Btw this is what we call company deception in confusing their competitor (Microsoft ) , by revealing fake info on the internet. Nowadays info are easily acquired in many ways, even a casual people will get it on forum and social media. With this fake info, Microsoft and Nintendo will be deceived.

The developer (some developer close to SONY/ or their own Studio ) probably has the dev kit, it's the prototype dev kit. It does not mean the spec is the final spec and it does not mean it close to it's release date. Because like previous consoles, they had many prototype and many early version that changed overtimes prior to release date. Because they need to make the games, and that games need to be made in 2 or 3 years times periods.

PS4 is selling Like Crazy , and it will be selling more in 2018 and 2019 due it's first party exclusive and 3rd party deals. That's not even include of price drop possibility. How come they want to completely kill the potential sells of PS4.

Navi is not yet release and Ryzen APU is just out, the price is still very expensive , even thou it's cheap compared to their competitor (Intel), It's still very expensive if we want to included Navi GPU. Also consoles price are targeted at 500 USD to 400 USD, SONY probably waiting another year for better price and optimization.

So i don't see any possibility PS5 coming in 2018 , even i don't a see a potential sales at 2019. 2020 is a perfect year for SONY , with reveal date in February 2020 like PS4 did and release at November or October 2020.