By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5's rumored specs are... ridiculous

Dark_Feanor said:
Hiku said:

You can see the person who made the comment edited it from Pascal to Tegra. Not the most specific poster.
Doesn't rule out that Semiaccurate didn't specify Maxwell though, and the poster who even at first confused it for Pascal just didn't mention that part.
I can probably find a more specific post. This was literally the first hit that came up on Google. But I'm not interested in doing more research until you answer my question.

I ask again, why do you say these are unsupported claims? Based on what?
Do you just say that randomly? Or is this actually based on some proof where their claim has been debunked?

Also keep in mind that it costs 1000 dollars to access this article. If they charge that much for their information, they're either very confident in having provided correct inside info in the past, or it's a very over ambitious scam.

This.

They are a scam. And not even a good one. That is way I am so baffled so many sites and Youtube channels are falling for this.

I belive it is a thirst for news this time of the year. It is just click-bait inside click-bait. 

They might be right on the devkit spec and devkit availability on developer, but it's not the final spec, and just prototype.  what i don't agree with them because, they just assume that it will be released based on the devkit availability. If they just assuming PS5 release year  based on devkit availability alone. Then PS4 and Xbox One should have been released on 2011 not 2013.  And also they are not considering that periods time on game making, marketing, final build for costumer, bug codding and etc etc. 

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
Hiku said:

You can see the person who made the comment edited it from Pascal to Tegra. Not the most specific poster.
Doesn't rule out that Semiaccurate didn't specify Maxwell though, and the poster who even at first confused it for Pascal just didn't mention that part.
I can probably find a more specific post. This was literally the first hit that came up on Google. But I'm not interested in doing more research until you answer my question.

I ask again, why do you say these are unsupported claims? Based on what?
Do you just say that randomly? Or is this actually based on some proof where their claim has been debunked?

Also keep in mind that it costs 1000 dollars to access this article. If they charge that much for their information, they're either very confident in having provided correct inside info in the past, or it's a very over ambitious scam.

This.

They are a scam. And not even a good one. That is way I am so baffled so many sites and Youtube channels are falling for this.
I belive it is a thirst for news this time of the year. It is just click-bait inside click-bait. 

Semiaccurate have a pretty reliable track-record.
They do have insider connections and know what goes on in fabs where things are made.

All they have said is that they have varified that its a zen cpu (8c), and a navi based gpu.... w/ some stuff for VR buildt in.
They "speculate" due to the amount of dev kits out in the wild, that a PS5 wont be far out from now, ei. 2019.

^ most of that, is something people would assume to be happending anyway so yeah 1,000$ for that is insane.
However its nice to "know" instead of be "guessing".

JRPGfan said:
Dark_Feanor said:

This.

They do have insider connections and know what goes on in fabs where things are made.

All they have said is that they have varified that its a zen cpu (8c), and a navi based gpu.... w/ some stuff for VR buildt in.
They "speculate" due to the amount of dev kits out in the wild, that a PS5 wont be far out from now, ei. 2019.

^ most of that, is something people would assume to be happending anyway so yeah 1,000$ for that is insane.

For spec prototype , and dev kit availability is super accurate. But  for release date ?............. Nah XD 

HollyGamer said:
JRPGfan said:

For spec prototype , and dev kit availability is super accurate. But  for release date ?............. Nah XD 

tbh I dont think Sony needs to release a PS5 until 2020.
However supposedly the "25th anniversary of Playstation" launch will be in December 2019.

I can imagine them wanting that to go off with a big bang, and I wouldnt be surprised if they went either unvailed it, or released it there.

JRPGfan said:
HollyGamer said:

However supposedly the "25th anniversary of Playstation" launch will be in December 2019.

I can imagine them wanting that to go off with a big bang, and I wouldnt be surprised if they went either unvailed it, or released it there.

I am OK if they announce it in 2019 , but i prefer 2020.  Because the Navi GPU will have more choices and better wafer (cheaper and slightly powerful)  and more first party support possibility and 3rd party games optimization. 

But i don't know the whole strategy that SONY had planned for PS5. So  I just happy they will be using NAVi and Ryzen APU like what i have predicted last year. 

Around the Network
mjk45 said:

To my mind,one more factor in consideration on the timing of the next gen may well be the simple matter of when Sony feel they  have reached a production price point where the PS4 Pro is able to replace the PS4 while maintaining a similar price and profit margin .

That's a good point. PS360 suffered a bit in the end with next gen ports that were not only sub-HD but also ran at 20-something fps. This discourages late adopters (budget) to buy the cheap console because it simply sucks. A cheap Pro/X1X solves the issue.

I'm not sure if we will hit the point where the base unit is discontinued, since a 99 or 129 dollar SKU could do wonders. But, at least, we will still have a slightly more expensive unit that has a decent performance.

JRPGfan said:
HollyGamer said:

Non only they don't need it, but it wouldn't be good at all for them: current RAM price crisis would make an early launch quite expensive, not to mention that if they want to include a hybrid version in their next gen range, they won't just need a standard APU outperforming current gen base model ones, that would be easy even now, but also a mobile APU that offers enough CPU power even when undocked, as while undocking and playing in portable mode GPU power can be greatly lowered, the game engine must run in the same way, only some optional OS services can be stopped, so CPU cores must run almost at full speed even undocked. This would be very difficult and very expensive to achieve with mobile APUs available in 2019.

Last edited by Alby_da_Wolf - on 08 April 2018

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
JRPGfan said:

Non only they don't need it, but it wouldn't be good at all for them: current RAM price crisis would make an early launch quite expensive, not to mention that if they want to include a hybrid version in their next gen range, they won't just need a standard APU outperforming current gen base model ones, that would be easy even now, but also a mobile APU that offers enough CPU power even when undocked, as while undocking and playing in portable mode GPU power can be greatly lowered, the game engine must run in the same way, only some optional OS services can be stopped, so CPU cores must run almost at full speed even undocked. This would be very difficult and very expensive to achieve with mobile APUs available in 2019.

what the hell are you talking about "hybrid version"?

that came out of literally nowhere 

setsunatenshi said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

IF they want. It's definitely possible that if they haven't already arrived too far in the development process, they could be willing to offer a hybrid version too for their next console. It would make sense, as it woul be the only possible way to get some portable market share too, but it would require mobile APUs to be powerful enough by then. No rumours at all about this, just plain abstract reasoning.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
setsunatenshi said:

IF they want. It's definitely possible that if they haven't already arrived too far in the development process, they could be willing to offer a hybrid version too for their next console. It would make sense, as it woul be the only possible way to get some portable market share too, but it would require mobile APUs to be powerful enough by then. No rumours at all about this, just plain abstract reasoning.

in other words, fantasy

there's zero indication Sony wants to even be in that market and as I tried to debunk plenty of times during the Switch (NX) fantasy stage, there's no way to actually create a portable device (akin to the switch) with anywhere near the power to even touch the ps4, much less the future ps5.

also good luck with an x86 architecture with low enough tdp to even make the handheld form factor a physical reality