By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 21 Broken Promises of Donald Trump

I do appreciate the sentiment of this thread, but I think it'd be much better if you linked to his quotes, along with the news of the broken promises.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
SpokenTruth said:

10. 6 weeks of paid maternity leave for mothers whose job does not provide it.

Reality - Tax cut killed this initiative.

Don't know about any of the rest, but Americans don't have paid maternity leave by default? That really sucks for you guys, it's just a standard thing here in the UK.

In the USA it's up to the employer on whether they want to give their workers paid maternity leave or not.

'run government like an efficient business' -
in my three year experience working with major coorperations, terrifyingly few of them are effeciently, let alone proffessionally run.

Most of them seem to be mainly run by crippingly insecure people, who get their little power trips by trying to control and boss around everyone around them, with little to no actual oversight or planning involved.
Then any good Idea they ever have get's discussed in a multitude of meetings with equally insecure people. all striving to dominate each other, until it is diluted down to the most boringly commom denominator, and becomes barely reconizable shell of itself.

While it is a pretty mortifying, growing up and realizing that basically everyone is just winging it and that a large amount of the people running this shit are morons, it's also a little comforting to know that you're not the only person winging it.

Anyways, running a government like any business sounds terrifying to me.

Trump made some very grand promises. He has to deliver on some of the bigger ones eventually. I know he'll blame congress but he has the benefit of a same-party congress so that won't deflect everything.

Right now, he's spending money on his pet projects while cutting taxes and with no real way to replace that revenue. He's got to do something about that, balancing the budget is a major point for his presidency.

"Draining the swamp" was as empty a campaign promise as has ever existed. This one can't be defended at all.

The bottom line is that Trump has a bunch of pivotal campaign promises that it doesn't look like he'll keep. Most of those can't be called "broken" yet but they are certainly trending in that direction. It's still possible for some of them, assuming legislation is being worked on behind the scenes.

It's going to be interesting to see if he's able to turn things around before the next election.

The one that gets me more than it should is the border wall. He damn near built a campaign off of Build the Wall and Mexico's gonna pay for it, and his silly base fell for it. How did he actually believe the words that were coming out of his mouth?

Around the Network

All your whining changes nothing. HE is YOUR President. Not one of your 'findings' affects your life in the least. Your blind hatred actually hurts your own country. We survived Obama, and you'll survive Trump.

Wiibaron said:
All your whining changes nothing. HE is YOUR President. Not one of your 'findings' affects your life in the least. Your blind hatred actually hurts your own country. We survived Obama, and you'll survive Trump.

So, you think that the head of state and government should be free of criticism?

Wiibaron said:

This is silly and illogical.  If the president did not have a potential 2nd term to run for then maybe there is little need in talking about his performance but it's elementary to discuss if someone is doing a good job before renewing their contract or not.

Pretty standard stuff. All politicians make grand promises during the campaign that don't amount to jack shit. Fuck Trump, I voted for Hillary, but he's also only been in office for 1/4th or terrifyingly 1/8th of his term, so he still has time to get some of them done. Though I'm not holding my breath.

Wiibaron said:

Where was the whining? He stated factual events where the president has failed his own promises. So the public shouldn't scrutinize the elected officials now?