By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it okay to Pirate games?

Intrinsic said:
VGPolyglot said:

I don't expect people to agree with what I'm saying. When I say they I mean the game publisher and developer. Anecdotally most of the used games that I buy are not going towards people wanting to get money for new games, they're people that are trying to get rid of excess items or people trying to make a living off of re-selling.

I know thats what you meant. And thats also why you are wrong.

The game publishers and developers don't get anything from used game sales. Why do you think MS was trying to do an always online thing at the start of thia gen, why do you think most games have an online component these days? 

I know they don't get anything from used game sales, that was my whole point.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Intrinsic said:

I know thats what you meant. And thats also why you are wrong.

The game publishers and developers don't get anything from used game sales. Why do you think MS was trying to do an always online thing at the start of thia gen, why do you think most games have an online component these days? 

Oh i see what ypu meant now. Sarcasm....

My apologies.8

Intrinsic said:
VGPolyglot said:

Oh i see what ypu meant now. Sarcasm....

My apologies.8

I don't know why you'd feel sympathetic to a company that is trying to curb people form getting games legitimately if they don't make money off of it, are you advocating against the purchase of used game sales too?

Sure, if the game costs more than what you want to pay it's OK IMO. There are a few games that let me pay what I want and in those cases I will enter $1 and pay for it legitimately to support the developers. Thats how all games should be.

It's only ever fair game if you can no longer purchase it in any capacity. For example, there's not excuse for pirating Final Fantasy VII, since you can purchase it for PS3, PS4, PSVita, and PC.

On the flip side, you can no longer purchase from any official source a physical or digital copy of Legend of Legaia. And while I understand pirating titles you can't buy anymore, doing this is still a crime. The fact of the matter is that there just aren't very many retro games you can't purchase right now (at least from the ones that people actually want).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Jack Sparrow Edition only for old generation games.

The less money we give to developers, the less content they can create. Look what happens in China when everybody pirates, there's not much of a gaming scene from Chinese developers because they have difficulty making money. So in that sense it can be bad for fans even. I'm not against piracy, but people should know the downsides of it too.

Last edited by HomokHarcos - on 02 April 2018

Only if the game is game is Sea if Thieves! Buh Dum Tsss!

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

No it's not OK

It’s OK as long as the game is from a big developer like Ubisoft, EA etc

The sooner they go bankrupt the better so we stop getting the boring crap that is called AAA.

But it’s strange, no matter how much those games are pirated new ones keep coming out and the big companies does not go bankrupt. It’s almost as if piracy isn’t that big of a problem...