By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it okay to Pirate games?

If it's not released on the preferred platform I play on, then yes it's okay to pirate it.

Around the Network

I don't know, ask that to CING, who went bankrupt in 2010. I know lots of people who played Hotel Dusk, Little King's Story, Another Code or Last Window. You know how many of them actually purchased those games? I can count them with my hands fingers.

So yeah... you tell them.

If someone is legit out of pocket, has something like a PC but no funds to buy a game... because of shit circumstances or bad choices I would much rather see them going on pirate bay and downloading a game to play to keep them entertained than turning to other forms of entertainment when you have absolutely nothing such as drugs or alcohol.

It's not like they're costing the companies who created the content a cent and realistically there are people who pirate games who never had the $60 to pay for it anyway, it is literally a victimless crime which could in fact prevent someone turning to crimes which would harm the person or others in extreme cases.

Fuck it, you know yourself if your piracy is justified(not sure if right word) or not, I pay my WWE Network sub and Netflix each month, WWE have a stupid agreement where Raw and Smackdown don't go onto their own Network for 30 days after they air, I pirate those shows weekly. Also Netflix doesn't have Grand tour so that got pirated (should also point out that during my month of Amazon prime I wasn't able to watch it because of region restrictions anyway, so I cannot legally watch that content here in Ireland , or at least I could not when I had Amazon prime)

I pirated Wonderwoman to get a refund for my Suicide Squad tickets :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Develop something that people can consume digitally, then ask yourself that question again.

Piracy is for broke ass losers. Pretty cut and dry my friend.

Thou shalt not steal.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

No, its not, despite a lot of people having a lot of excuses for it.
I pirated a lot of games on ps1 era and later while I was a pc gamer. Also downloaded a lot of mp3 in my life including recently the Destiny 2 soundtrack. But that does not mean this is right, I dont come with excuses for it.

fory77 said:
i haven't bought a game in like 2 years

Just playing f2p then? 

Only game I pirated was Sims 4 because I wanted to try it. After getting into it a bit I thought about putting money into it then I saw how scammy EA is. Those expansions are effing expensive for content that should already be in the damn game. I have no regrets pirating that shit but that was years ago. Sims is an expensive hobby I'll never go into again.

Overall I don't pirate since I'm not a PC gamer but roms were everything to me.

Pirating new games is obviously the worst.

Does anybody really care about old games being pirated that the publisher isnt selling? If a game is no longer being sold by the publisher or is being exploited like virtual console, I feel that form of piracy isnt a big deal.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

pirating games is only good for people who want less good pc ports or for people who want to play a game but want the specific company to go bankrupt.

Personally I don't like Origin or Uplay and buy those games on console (ps4 or xbox) because they don't have the terrible DRM

Twitter @CyberMalistix