By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash 5 character roster wishlist

sethnintendo said:
Captain Falcon... Smash Mascot. Wtf?

It's because he appears much more in Smash than on F-Zero, and most people only know him because of the Smash series.

B O I

Around the Network
LuccaCardoso1 said:
sethnintendo said:

It's because he appears much more in Smash than on F-Zero, and most people only know him because of the Smash series.

Cold hard facts just broke my heart.

LuccaCardoso1 said:
sethnintendo said:

I think that Master Hand is much more fitting as a mascot, though.

VGPolyglot said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

I think that Master Hand is much more fitting as a mascot, though.

I'm not actually saying he's the mascot of the series, guys. It's a joke.

B O I

No primary ZSS and no Cloud would be a game killer for me if smash 5 doesn’t have them.

That being said, Cloud was on a Nintendo platform in KH chain of memories, the theatre rhythm games and a few others I think.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
sethnintendo said:

So why did you include Wii Fit Trainer?

Because she's a unique character with an interesting playstyle, I see no reason to drop her. Sure, maybe saying I "want her" is a bit too much, but I sure don't want her out or anything. I didn't drop nearly any characters in this list, the only one I can even remember is Lucina and she would of course be in the game as a Marth alt ideally.

That said, maybe I should swap WFT with Duck Hunt, as she fits the 'joke character section' better (not that Duck Hunt isn't a joke character too).

Personally I would remove some characters from that list for selfish reasons. Characters such as R.O.B. or Sonic or Corrin for example, I hate them and I don't think they deserve to be in Smash, but I can respect that they have a unique moveset and they shouldn't be dropped for that alone. Of course, it's not like my list is gonna determine what's in the game, but I did make it with the intent of it being sort of a "definitive" roster for everyone.

Whoa take it easy on R.O.B.  He is more significant than most lowbies in Smash.  R.O.B. is main reason why Nintendo was able to sneak the NES into stores in USA at first due to the stigma of video game consoles following the early 80s crash in USA.  I have no problem takings alts out of the game like Lucina.  Corrin?  Who gives a shit about him?  I think they put too many Fire Emblem people in Smash recently (this coming from someone that enjoys Fire Emblem a lot).  Sonic would be more controversial in removing due to him being more of a star power than most newcomers in Smash. 

I just latched onto Wii Fit Trainer because Wii Fit is no longer a thing and was only helpful for Nintendo sales during Wii era.  Did nothing to help Wii U sales because people were done with it by then. 

mZuzek said:

but in my roster, Pokémon and Zelda would have 7 characters each and Fire Emblem would be down to 5, so it doesn't bother me too much.

Yea that is where the count should be.  Fire Emblem shouldn't have more weight than Zelda and Pokemon even though I don't care about those series.  Weight should be on most successful franchises.  Now if anyone ever suggested taking Falco out.  I'd shit a brick.

Bring back everyone from Sm4sh, as well as those cut from previous instalments (Pichu and Snake can stay out though). Add another 15-20 characters on top of that and I'll be happy. No more 3rd party characters please, there's plenty of Nintendo characters to choose from.

Additions I'd want include:
- Chibi-Robo
- King K Rool (with Kaptain K Rool costume available)
- Ashley
- An FE character that uses lances/axes rather than swords, or perhaps a mounted character
- Sceptile
- Quagsire

Pichu for Smash 5!

I lover embarrassing people by beating them with trash characters.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

mZuzek said:
killeryoshis said:
Pichu for Smash 5!

I love embarrassing people by beating them with trash characters.

You can still do that.

But I want more charters that can do that.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.