By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash 5 character roster wishlist

I decided to make a Sma5h roster wishlist. Is it original? Nope. Is it fun? Yep. I'll just put the list here and explain some character modifications, newcomers and characters I took out of the roster after that. This is what I want to happen, not what I think will happen.

Now my justifications:

=====CHARACTER MODIFICATIONS=====

• Mario: Add moves that have to do with Cappy and things Mario can do in Mario Odyssey
  • Luigi: Add moves that have to do with his Balloon World from Mario Odyssey, to make his moveset a bit more unique
  • Wario: Change his clothes to match his traditional outfit, and let the biker outfit be an alternative
  • Link: Make a whole new moveset to match his Breath of the Wild self
  • Zelda: Change her outfit to match her appearance in BoTW and make some new moves/animations that relate to that game
  • Samus: Merge her and Zero Suit Samus again
  • Marth: Merge him and Lucina again
=====NEWCOMERS=====
  • Daisy: Her personality is unique among the princesses and her flower powers could warrant some cool moves.
  • Waluigi: He could represent the Mario Sports games, using tennis rackets, golf clubs, basketballs, etc.
  • Dixie Kong: Diddy feels kinda out of place without Dixie. Her moves could be a mixture of Diddy's moves with some original ones based on her hair.
  • Funky Kong: Do I even need to explain? He's the best of the Kongs. Would be cool to see him smashing people with his surfboard.
  • Daruk, Mipha, Revali and Urbosa: They all have different personalities and could use unique attacks, and they're very important in BoTW.
  • Lissa, Lyn and Tiki: I added them to change a bit the FE characters represented in Smash, and lessen the number of swordsmen.
  • Decidueye: A good representative of the 7th generation. Would also complete the type triangle in Smash.
  • Rex & Pyra: To represent Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Not my favourite characters from that game, but the most recognizable.
  • Inklings: Splatoon is one of the most successful new Nintendo IPs, so the Inkling have to (and will) be on the game.
  • Ice Climbers: Now that the 3DS is out of the way, just bring them back.
  • Spring Man: To market ARMS. Would be cool if his alternate costumes were different characters from that game.
  • Rabbids: I actually like them a lot in M+R KB. One single character could have different costumes to represent the different Rabbids.
  • Banjo-Kazooie: They're a big part of Nintendo's history and should be represented. Microsoft shouldn't have a problem with that.
  • Crash Bandicoot: Now that his games are coming to the Switch, I'd love to see him spinning in Smash too.
  • Bomberman: A classic character that's very tied to Nintendo platforms.
  • Shovel Knight: Would magnificently represent the Nindies, and Yacht Club Games seems to love Nintendo.
=====CHARACTERS NOT COMING BACK FROM SMASH 4=====
  • Dr. Mario: He's just a clone that no one really likes, I'd rather have him as an alternative costume to Mario.
  • Sheik: She has not appeared in the recent Zelda titles, I don't see why she should stay. Would be better to just incorporate some Sheik moves into Zelda's moveset.
  • Toon Link: Would contrast too much with the other Zelda characters I put in.
  • Ganondorf: Doesn't have an original moveset and doesn't appear in BoTW. He could stay in if Sakurai gave him original moves, though.
  • Zero Suit Samus: Merged with Samus.
  • Dark Pit: Do I even need to explain?
  • Ike and Roy: I wanted to change the FE representatives and lessen the number of swordsmen.
  • Lucina: Merged with Marth.
  • Jigglypuff: I know this won't happen, but he's too random of a Pokémon to be in the game. He's in just because of tradition.
  • Miis: The Wii era is over. Yes, there are Miis on the Switch, but it's too much of a Wii representative character to keep in.
  • Wii Fit Trainer: Not relevant anymore.
  • Cloud: Was never on a Nintendo platform, I don't even know why he was in in the first place.
  • Ryu: One Capcom character is enough.
Ps.: I know Lissa is holding an axe, not a hammer.
What do you think of my wishlist? What is your whishlist?

B O I

Around the Network

I still want Hitler and Stalin in Smash.

Happy April Fools Day!

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Happy April Fools Day!

I didn't even remember it was April 1st...

B O I

No Isaac/Felix from Golden Sun no party

Around the Network

I have to take a second to appreciate how you took actual good renders of all the characters instead of shoddy jpegs of them, well done.

LuccaCardoso1 said:
Happy April Fools Day!

Dangit .... so ..... this is your actual list?  

Ljink96 said:
I have to take a second to appreciate how you took actual good renders of all the characters instead of shoddy jpegs of them, well done.

tnx ^^

B O I

LuccaCardoso1 said:

Dangit .... so ..... this is your actual list?  

Yes, it is. Sorry if you didn't like it, but it wasn't really made for that purpose.

B O I

*sees Shovel Knight*

*leaves*

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."