By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is David Hogg just a bully now? Uses followers to go on personal vendetta.

David Hoggs personal vendetta is...

Justified. I support it. 44 57.89%

Unjustified. I don't support it. 26 34.21%

I'm unsure. 1 1.32%

Other, comments... 5 6.58%

Total:76
o_O.Q said:
Chris Hu said:
Laura Ingram is a cunt that is the same bitch that told LeBron and other basketball players that have a opinion to shut up and dribble.

you should be banned for this misogynistic crap, i feel deeply offended

how can we make women feel safe and welcome here with this kind of language?

As far a cuss words go cunt is actually pretty much gender neutral.  I also think that Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Paul Ryan, Ted Cruz and various other male politicians and commentators on the right are a bunch of cunts.

Around the Network
collint0101 said:
contestgamer said:

Yes, I believe in freedom and I think the rich and powerful have been vilified and persecuted in recent years.

Thats probably because a lot of people don't like the idea of massive businesses, millionaire CEOs and people that haven't worked a day at a real job in decades having control and influence in politics in ways that the overwhelming majority of people can't replicate. Fuck rich and powerful people. They're the reason the current minimum wage is one of the lowest in history when you adjust for inflation and why changes to tax policy often benefit the top 10% more so than middle and lower class

Min wage is shouldn't even exist. If you don't like your current wage then go somewhere else or get training. Min wage is not free market. Obviously taxesbshould benefit the rich, just because you're rich doesn't mean you should subsidize the poor. Being rich has and should have advantages, if you want said avantages yourself then get to rich. A lot of poor people have climbed the economic ladder before 

Chris Hu said:
o_O.Q said:

you should be banned for this misogynistic crap, i feel deeply offended

how can we make women feel safe and welcome here with this kind of language?

As far a cuss words go cunt is actually pretty much gender neutral.  I also think that Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Paul Ryan, Ted Cruz and various other male politicians and commentators on the right are a bunch of cunts.

Cunt actually refers to the vagina though, so I wouldn't consider it gender neutral

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Yes it is. They have the freedom to leave said job/relationship/situation and exploit or help others around them. You advocate for taking the freedom of the powerful to exploit those around them, but the real solution is for those around them to go somewhere else if they want a change or get in to a position of power themselves. This is how it worked during the industrial Era and gilded age. You don't want freedom you want equality and fairness.

Go somewhere else? Where, in the graveyard, six feet under? There's no avoiding it. You can't have freedom if you're being exploited and robbed of a comfortable life.

Another job, another city, another state, another country, another continent. You have a whole world of options. Oh and getting an education and running your own scheme is also an option. Nobody is forcing someone to work at a job they don't want to. They might claim circumstances do, but they don't. 

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

Go somewhere else? Where, in the graveyard, six feet under? There's no avoiding it. You can't have freedom if you're being exploited and robbed of a comfortable life.

Another job, another city, another state, another country, another continent. You have a whole world of options. Oh and getting an education and running your own scheme is also an option. Nobody is forcing someone to work at a job they don't want to. They might claim circumstances do, but they don't. 

Do you know why people tend to stay in the same city? Because they have social connections there. A lot of people can't just up and leave to a different state because they have no social nets if something bad happens.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Do you know why people tend to stay in the same city? Because they have social connections there. A lot of people can't just up and leave to a different state because they have no social nets if something bad happens.

Being weak and requiring social support is not an excuse,. Refugees have gone through hell getting from absolutely terrible places and positions to new lands, often alone. I know people that have done that without even knowing the language or anybody else who were homeless for months before finding shelter and eventually a job. Social connections can be dropped and new ones formed and with the internet today you don't even need to fully drop them.

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

Being weak and requiring social support is not an excuse,. Refugees have gone through hell getting from absolutely terrible places and positions to new lands, often alone. I know people that have done that without even knowing the language or anybody else who were homeless for months before finding shelter and eventually a job. Social connections can be dropped and new ones formed and with the internet today you don't even need to fully drop them.

Ah, so survivorship bias I see.

Yeah, he is a bully in a sense. His comment that started it all was him condemning those colleges for not "supporting" his activism. People have to remember that he's a young and dumb kid who thinks he knows it all but he's playing at being an activist and commenting publicly so he's going to be criticised for his uninformed opinions. No positive dialog will come from someone like him. Alot of his comments are disgusting and ignorant. He's only being given a platform because he's politically convenient at the moment.

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Nothing like it. More like bias towards people that can make things happen or die trying vs the ones that want it done for them or helped to it. People think they have a right to a good life. No you don't. You have the right to try and make one 

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

Nothing like it. More like bias towards people that can make things happen or die trying vs the ones that want it done for them or helped to it. People think they have a right to a good life. No you don't. You have the right to try and make one 

And why shouldn't you?