By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is David Hogg just a bully now? Uses followers to go on personal vendetta.

David Hoggs personal vendetta is...

Justified. I support it. 44 57.89%

Unjustified. I don't support it. 26 34.21%

I'm unsure. 1 1.32%

Other, comments... 5 6.58%

Total:76
SpokenTruth said:
Azuren said:

No, she making stinging comment and he went after her ability to provide for her family. the topic is whether or not he was being a bully, and the answer is a resounding yes because she didn't attack his ability to make a living. Maybe he should have considered the consequences of talking about gun control without knowing anything about gun control?

Maybe she should have thought about her family before putting herself in a position to lose her ability to provide for them.

Again, David Hogg did not cause her to lose her ability to provide for her family.  Her own actions are doing that.  And her advertisers left willingly because of HER action....not because of HIS action.

Do you like living in a world where one adult tells another to quit whining about getting rejected by an ivy league school, and due to that the other gets that person essentially fired?

Sounds like a great world.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
irstupid said:

Do you like living in a world where one adult tells another to quit whining about getting rejected by an ivy league school, and due to that the other gets that person essentially fired?

Sounds like a great world.

Do you like living in a world where adults don't have consequences for mocking a high school student?
Do you like living in a world where advertisers are beholden to the whims of said high school student?

Sounds like a world bereft of logic, justice and accountability.

A high school student who put himself out into the limelight and public scene. He is out on tv shows, and everywhere. When you get into the public space, you have to be able to take criticism, attacks and people looking into your private life. The two go hand in hand. Was she mocking a high schooler? She told a high schooler to quit whinning about not getting into a prestigious school. Hell sounds more like parental advise than mocking. But seeing as she isn't his parent, she should just stay out of it. But again, he brought himself into the limelight, and he is complaining out loud in the hopes that the schools change their decisions based on his publicity. This isn't like a celebrities kid or something pushed into the limelight not by their choice. He is using the publicity to his advantage and thus is susceptible to its evils.

Advertisers beholden to the whimes of a high school student? I'm more annoyed at advertisers flakey whims to mod rule these days. Someone says something in a tweet and the mob of SJW's on twitter attack not only them, but their advertisers until they lose support. I am not a fan of mob rule, and that is what many times this seems like.

What is going on right now seem like a world bereft of logic, justice and accountability. It seems like whining, bullying and not thought out reactionary actions by companies to please the online mob. 

Last edited by irstupid - on 10 April 2018

Azuren said:
John2290 said:

He's a white male. He'd have to get in the top 5% at least  or maybe less these days. Diversity quotas take priority over test scores.

Oh right. Affirmative Action. Hurray for discrimination against white straight cis males.

Is this meant to be ironic? I just have a hard time trying to understand how people believe there is systematic discrimination against white straight cis males here.

Last edited by VGPolyglot - on 10 April 2018

SpokenTruth said:
VGPolyglot said:

Is this meant to be ironic? I just have a hard time trying to understand how people believe there is systematic discrimination against white straight cis males here.

A bunch of people are trying to look over a fence.  Most are tall while others are too short to see over it.  The fence was designed for the tall people.  Most tall people give the short people crates to stand on so they can see too.  For some reason, a few of the tall people call that unfair and want their own boxes to stand on....even though they can already see over the fence that was designed for them to begin with.

Now, the sensible option would be to just knock down the fence in the first place.

SpokenTruth said:
irstupid said:

A high school student who put himself out into the limelight and public scene. He is out on tv shows, and everywhere. When you get into the public space, you have to be able to take criticism, attacks and people looking into your private life. The two go hand in hand. Was she mocking a high schooler? She told a high schooler to quit whinning about not getting into a prestigious school. Hell sounds more like parental advise than mocking. But seeing as she isn't his parent, she should just stay out of it. But again, he brought himself into the limelight, and he is complaining out loud in the hopes that the schools change their decisions based on his publicity. This isn't like a celebrities kid or something pushed into the limelight not by their choice. He is using the publicity to his advantage and thus is susceptible to its evils.

Advertisers beholden to the whimes of a high school student? I'm more annoyed at advertisers flakey whims to mod rule these days. Someone says something in a tweet and the mob of SJW's on twitter attack not only them, but their advertisers until they lose support. I am not a fan of mob rule, and that is what many times this seems like.

What is going on right now seem like a world bereft of logic, justice and accountability. It seems like whining, bullying and not thought out reactionary actions by companies to please the online mob. 

Then she should have thought more about her own children than someone else's. She also put herself in the limelight and public scene and decided her "parental advice" was warranted and without consequence. Now who is whining?

David Hogg's tweet:
"Just got rejected from another college but that's OK we're already changing the world. Goodnight everyone."

Does that sound like whining to you? 

Laura Ingraham's tweet:
"David Hogg Rejected by Four Colleges To Which he Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.)"

Notice she had her caps lock on to start (which auto-corrected the words to capital first/rest lowercase).   And that damn sure doesn't sound like parental advice.  She's openly mocking him.  For one, she's not even talking to him directly as advice would be.   So she's addressing her own base, not him.  So caps lock with passive-aggressive tone and content. She mocked him and tried to make him look bad.  Some parent.

As for bullying...I'm going to ask you to stop using that word if you don't know what it means.  You seem to be confusing it with retort. 

re·tort1
rəˈtôrt/
verb
verb: retort; 3rd person present: retorts; past tense: retorted; past participle: retorted; gerund or present participle: retorting
  1. 1.
    say something in answer to a remark or accusation, typically in a sharp, angry, or wittily incisive manner.
    "“No need to be rude,” retorted Isabel"
    synonyms: answer, reply, respond, say in response, return, counter, rejoin, riposte, retaliate, snap back
    "“Oh, sure,” she retorted"
  2. 2.
    archaic
    repay (an insult or injury).
    "it was now his time to retort the humiliation"
    • turn (an insult or accusation) back on the person who has issued it.
      "he was resolute to retort the charge of treason on his foes"
    • use (an opponent's argument) against them.
      "the answer they make to us may very easily be retorted"
noun
noun: retort; plural noun: retorts
a sharp, angry, or wittily incisive reply to a remark.

"she opened her mouth to make a suitably cutting retort"

synonyms: answer, reply, response, return, counter, rejoinder, riposte, retaliation;
informalcomeback
"a sarcastic retort"

My bolded was not refereeing to this situation solely but a sum of the US affairs right now, so you can get off your box and put the dictionary down.

But let's look at her tweet.

Laura Ingraham's tweet:
"David Hogg Rejected by Four Colleges To Which he Applied and whines about it. (Dinged by UCLA with a 4.1 GPA...totally predictable given acceptance rates.)"

Does that sound like a twee that should get a person to lose thousands upon thousands of dollars?

I've seen much much worse tweets, public speaking, ect by famous people that have had zero repercussions. But again, that is the hyprociry of the left vs right.

Look at recent Jimmy Kimmel skit where he made fun of the first lady's accent during her easter reading. No outrage in the media, or huge twitter hit, or sponsorship drop. Even his later apology after 50,000 petition from people, ends up being a pathetic apology where he skirts around the issue.

Now tell me honestly what you would think would have happened had a conservative poked fun at a foreigners accent?

Around the Network

A friend sent me this ain a text and I thought it was funny. I thought I would share.

Aeolus451 said:

A friend sent me this ain a text and I thought it was funny. I thought I would share.

lol