By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is David Hogg just a bully now? Uses followers to go on personal vendetta.

David Hoggs personal vendetta is...

Justified. I support it. 44 57.89%

Unjustified. I don't support it. 26 34.21%

I'm unsure. 1 1.32%

Other, comments... 5 6.58%

Total:76

There's no reason for her to be making any sort of personal attacks or comments. Completely irrelevant to the issue, and an ad hominem attack. Doing so shows that she is bad at her job of supposedly being a "fair and balanced" reporter. Seems perfectly fair that she should be fired.

Around the Network

Why is she making comments like that in the first place? Isn't she the adult? I would hardly call what he did as bullying.

contestgamer said:
collint0101 said:

Thats probably because a lot of people don't like the idea of massive businesses, millionaire CEOs and people that haven't worked a day at a real job in decades having control and influence in politics in ways that the overwhelming majority of people can't replicate. Fuck rich and powerful people. They're the reason the current minimum wage is one of the lowest in history when you adjust for inflation and why changes to tax policy often benefit the top 10% more so than middle and lower class

Min wage is shouldn't even exist. If you don't like your current wage then go somewhere else or get training. Min wage is not free market. Obviously taxesbshould benefit the rich, just because you're rich doesn't mean you should subsidize the poor. Being rich has and should have advantages, if you want said avantages yourself then get to rich. A lot of poor people have climbed the economic ladder before 

There's more to getting rich than just getting out there and working hard if that was the case most of the country would be rolling in cash. Being rich has the advantage of comfort and economic security that alone should be enough but a lot of the upper class wants to see politics and economics skewed in their favor to further benefit their wealth as opposed to the wealth of common citizens that don't have the means to influence politics in the same way as the rich. From my point of view rich people are the reason we can't pass major gun legislation, rich people are the reason global warming is a debated topic, rich people are the reason both political parties cater to masive corporations instead of smaller businesses and so on and so on. Based on your posts you seem to want some late 1800s style capitalist paradise where millionaires and bankers are free to do whatever they want everyone else be damned

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Nothing like it. More like bias towards people that can make things happen or die trying vs the ones that want it done for them or helped to it. People think they have a right to a good life. No you don't. You have the right to try and make one 

And why shouldn't you?

I had to jump in here. You don't have a right to a good life for several reasons. The main reason is nobody owes you anything. It in order to be guaranteed a good life, that means that somebody somewhere is responsible for making that happen. They're not. You are. Second, everyone has different standards for what qualifies as a good life. In my opinion, most people who live in first world nations have good lives. Many of them just don't realize it. Even if it were somehow possible to provide every person on Earth a guarantee to a good life, how would that be measured? Third, it would actually be a bad thing if a good life was guaranteed rather than earned. Without struggle and sacrifice, nobody would have any appreciation for anything. People would simply expect the best of everything all the time without giving any consideration of what makes it possible for that to happen. Civilization would fall apart. That's kind of what's happening now, actually. We've had a good thing going for a while. We're getting bored and now things are starting to come undone.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Jon-Erich said:
VGPolyglot said:

And why shouldn't you?

I had to jump in here. You don't have a right to a good life for several reasons. The main reason is nobody owes you anything. It in order to be guaranteed a good life, that means that somebody somewhere is responsible for making that happen. They're not. You are. Second, everyone has different standards for what qualifies as a good life. In my opinion, most people who live in first world nations have good lives. Many of them just don't realize it. Even if it were somehow possible to provide every person on Earth a guarantee to a good life, how would that be measured? Third, it would actually be a bad thing if a good life was guaranteed rather than earned. Without struggle and sacrifice, nobody would have any appreciation for anything. People would simply expect the best of everything all the time without giving any consideration of what makes it possible for that to happen. Civilization would fall apart. That's kind of what's happening now, actually. We've had a good thing going for a while. We're getting bored and now things are starting to come undone.

That goes against the state claiming to care for the well-being of its citizens. People may have different standards for well-being, but there are still fundamental necessities that need to be met like food, water, shelter and social interaction. I'm also not saying that people shouldn't have to work, but they should be able to enjoy their work and find it fulfilling, and not have to constantly worry about losing their job and thus having their life thrust into turmoil.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Nothing like it. More like bias towards people that can make things happen or die trying vs the ones that want it done for them or helped to it. People think they have a right to a good life. No you don't. You have the right to try and make one 

And why shouldn't you?

Is this a serious question or are you just trolling at this point? There are no such things as "rights" in nature. You couldnt even make a mad made one for a "good life" because that means something different for everyone. 

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

And why shouldn't you?

Is this a serious question or are you just trolling at this point? There are no such things as "rights" in nature. You couldnt even make a mad made one for a "good life" because that means something different for everyone. 

I'm wondering the same thing for you.

John2290 said:
VGPolyglot said:

That goes against the state claiming to care for the well-being of its citizens. People may have different standards for well-being, but there are still fundamental necessities that need to be met like food, water, shelter and social interaction. I'm also not saying that people shouldn't have to work, but they should be able to enjoy their work and find it fulfilling, and not have to constantly worry about losing their job and thus having their life thrust into turmoil.

You can't argue that dude, it's a fact and regardless of political system, it will always be a fact.

I just did.

VGPolyglot said:
Jon-Erich said:

Why? What gives them that right? I dont need a nanny state to "care" for me. I'm not a child. If they want me to have a good life then get out of my way. The states job is to to ensure that no one is killing, murdering or raping people and no one invades our country. That's pretty much it.

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

I'm wondering the same thing for you.

I'm writing paragraphs on almost everything, and each time you give a reply that amounts to less than a line. I mean how can you be serious that people have a right to a good life? I'm just curious, but what's your nationality and age group?