By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is David Hogg just a bully now? Uses followers to go on personal vendetta.

David Hoggs personal vendetta is...

Justified. I support it. 44 57.89%

Unjustified. I don't support it. 26 34.21%

I'm unsure. 1 1.32%

Other, comments... 5 6.58%

Total:76
contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

And was do you mean by working for it? He obviously had to do something to get this amount of attention.

Gain wealth and build connections with other wealthy people in positions of power. If you can't fire people, control their careers (directly, not via some mob) and control politicians via direct donations then you don't have power.

Again, he had followers and influence so that's obviously some degree of power.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Gain wealth and build connections with other wealthy people in positions of power. If you can't fire people, control their careers (directly, not via some mob) and control politicians via direct donations then you don't have power.

Yeah, modern "mob power" - that's the problem, it's the kind of "power" you don't need to work for, just say something controversial and exert some power over people that spent decades building wealth, connections and dont even have the privilege of being able to use that power against others anymore.

Chris Hu said:
Laura Ingram is a cunt that is the same bitch that told LeBron and other basketball players that have a opinion to shut up and dribble.

you should be banned for this misogynistic crap, i feel deeply offended

how can we make women feel safe and welcome here with this kind of language?

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yeah, modern "mob power" - that's the problem, it's the kind of "power" you don't need to work for, just say something controversial and exert some power over people that spent decades building wealth, connections and dont even have the privilege of being able to use that power against others anymore.

And that's how it's been for a long time, people that are wealthy are generally wealthy at birth.

isn't david hogg's father a fbi agent btw? i'm sure i've heard that somewhere

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

And that's how it's been for a long time, people that are wealthy are generally wealthy at birth.

That's fine, you can pass down power. The issue is people without wealth and connections throwing punches at those with wealth and connections and those people not being given the full ability to strike back like they could in the past. Because we now have a mob rule mentality where people follow morals instead of authority and that's the fundamental problem. Because those in authority no longer get the full benefit of being in authority.

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

That's fine, you can pass down power. The issue is people without wealth and connections throwing punches at those with wealth and connections and those people not being given the full ability to strike back like they could in the past. Because we now have a mob rule mentality where people follow morals instead of authority and that's the fundamental problem. Because those in authority no longer get the full benefit of being in authority.

I guess the Kratos avy makes sense now.

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

So you are mad because those in power are held accountable for their actions and the poor and downtrodden have a voice to challenge them?

This is just bizarre.

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

That makes sense to me, when you can't win via head-to-head combat of course you're going to try to go through unconventional means. And you want people to respect those in power and authority simply because they're in power and authority?

Because in nature, disrespecting those in power always ends badly to those without it and that's has been consistent throughout human history too. The only way to change your position in the equation is to get power yourself.  That has always been one of the primary rewards of working your way up in to a position of power. Now the masses have taken that away and distributed power to all those that never worked for it, nor had the ambition to strive for it. I believe those that worked their way up in to positions of power should be able to exert that power within a reasonable maximum and they certainly shouldn't be torn down by a mob of people without any authority. If you can't win head to head then don't fight - when you need to be a sneaky backstabber then you're in the wrong. The biggest, strongest, cunning and the most ruthless wins in nature.

so... you're in favor of dictators not being challenged by those they attempt to exert power over?

sundin13 said:
contestgamer said:

So you are mad because those in power are held accountable for their actions and the poor and downtrodden have a voice to challenge them?

This is just bizarre.

Some of those people worked decades, even a lifetime to get themselves in to positions of power and to sometimes take advantage of that over others. And in the past that was fair game, even applauded in society. Now they find themselves being "held accountable" as you put it for something that was acceptable in the past and for which they worked their whole lives. If we had a culture change and for example we said anybody under 50 was expected to behave a certain way going forward, but those already over 50 would not be held to the same account then I think that would be fair - a new standard for the future, but respect for the past. Because some of those over 50 were operating their entire lives on the assumption that they could live a "mad men" lifestyle without accountability, which indeed the case when they were coming up.