By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many units do you think SWITCH will sell in 2018 (sold through)?

Sold through in 2018

Less than 10 million 6 5.45%

10 million 2 1.82%

12 million 1 0.91%

15 million 21 19.09%

18 million 51 46.36%

20 million 21 19.09%

25 million 3 2.73%

More than 25 million 5 4.55%

Total:110

Mark my words, it’s going to be a surprising and impressive year. I expect Switch will sell one MILLION units!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

Mark my words, it’s going to be a surprising and impressive year. I expect Switch will sell one MILLION units!

Dude keep your expectations in check.  You sound like a fanboy now. 

I also vote 18 million

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

TheBlackNaruto said:
trent44 said:

By Dec 31st 2017, Nintendo Switch was 14.86m shipped and ~13m sold-through.

It will probably be at 18m shipped and ~16m sold-through by March 31st 2018.

So, By Dec 31st 2018 I would say Switch will be around 37.86m shipped and ~36m sold-through.

And by March 31st 2019, 42m shipped and ~40m sold-through.

>>>So, for just Jan 1 2018 to Dec 31st 2018, my prediction is 23 million sold-through

Whoa 23 million SOLD through......now that is a bold prediction.....even with the current start(which is not bad at all) do you still think it will hit 23 million SOLD THROUGH? And what are you basing such a bold and huge prediction off of to cause the sales to spike THAT much?

I am thinking between 15-17.5 mil.

I made this prediction betting on both Smash Bros, and Pokemon (or Animal Crossing) launching this year, with all the Switch hardware shortages being a thing of the past this year, as well as E3 revealing a good supporting lineup of mid-size releases throughout the rest of the year.

I don't think we will see a hardware revision or price cut until 2019, but they may start doing $299 with a game included as the base package sometime this year.

Nintendo's forecast of 20m seems conservative to me, I think they will outperform it handily like they did last year.

The Wii U brought out the conservative side of Nintendo pretty dang hard, and I think they are still erring on the side of caution with their hardware forecasts because it is still recent for them.

Nintendo says 20m. Have they set the bar too high in recent years? Most recent one I remember is 3DS' first or second fiscal year.

Anyway, I'm guessing 23, since they usually lowball it. They have to have an Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Metroid or just a Pokemon to get those numbers.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I mean I get why Pokemon could really increase sales. But I really doubt animal crossing is as strong as an IP as it was a decade ago.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Qwark said:
I mean I get why Pokemon could really increase sales. But I really doubt animal crossing is as strong as an IP as it was a decade ago.

I agree it's definitely not as strong as Pokémon, but why do you think Animal Crossing is weaker than 10 years ago when the last game on the series is the best selling one? It did 11.7m and, believe or not, it's still selling.

OP: As for my prediction, sell through for this year alone, I expect something around 17m. 

Jan/Feb/Mar: 2.6m

Apr/May/Jun: 2.3m

Jul/Aug/Sep: 3.2m

Oct/Nov/Dec: 8.9m

PS: Without Pokémon or 2D Mario, like some people are expecting.

Last edited by LipeJJ - on 04 May 2018

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Voted 15 million units sold, but have my prediction at 14 million. The switch will most likely have about the same sale numbers 2017 had unless we see Pokemon release, which I think it's unlikely at this stage (who releases a game with just 4 months announcement in between release date??).

Nintendos recent quarterly report is giving me points, they shipped just about 200k more Switchs in q1 2018 compared to q1 2017.

Last edited by Trumpstyle - on 04 May 2018

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

IkePoR said:
Nintendo says 20m. Have they set the bar too high in recent years? Most recent one I remember is 3DS' first or second fiscal year.

Anyway, I'm guessing 23, since they usually lowball it. They have to have an Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Metroid or just a Pokemon to get those numbers.

20m is the shipment forecast for April 1st 2018 till March 31st 2019, not the consumer sales forecast.

No they're not going to sell 23m to consumers in 2018.

18.7m. Animal Crossing and Mario Party revealed at E3. Along with 1080 and a few smaller franchises like FE helping drive sales. Oh and ..... Smash!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Barkley said:
IkePoR said:

20m is the shipment forecast for April 1st 2018 till March 31st 2019, not the consumer sales forecast.

No they're not going to sell 23m to consumers in 2018.

Consoles don't typically sell loads Jan-Mar do they?  I can't imagine they'll be far behind that 20m mark before December ends.  And considering that 20m is, if to be historically believed, a conservative Nintendo number, it'll likely reach that mid December. 

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"