By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - Are you a prude?

So, one thing that has surprised me is the number of people that are adverse to looking at sexual content/nudity. For me I'm just so used to it that it doesn't bother me at all, but other people seem to have issues seeing this content. I wanted to see what you guys here had to say/what your thoughts are on the matter, or maybe to be able to give some insight if you want.

Around the Network

Nope. I actively seek it. Perhaps too much so.

..by "it" I mean sexual content, of course.

Last edited by Xen - on 29 March 2018

Not at all. I am fine seeing naked people, even unattractive people. Violence and gore is worse and more disgusting on tv or movies for me than nudity. For example, a popular show like Game of Thrones has tons of both nudity and violence, any of the nudity is fine. But for many of the extreme scenes of violence, I would have to look away. I can barely watch horror movies without having to look away constantly. Often times it is not out of horror or fear, but from sheer disgust.

Farsala said:
Not at all. I am fine seeing naked people, even unattractive people. Violence and gore is worse and more disgusting on tv or movies for me than nudity. For example, a popular show like Game of Thrones has tons of both nudity and violence, any of the nudity is fine. But for many of the extreme scenes of violence, I would have to look away. I can barely watch horror movies without having to look away constantly. Often times it is not out of horror or fear, but from sheer disgust.

The way it is for me, if I see blood in real life I get sick, but in media I tend to be fine with it.

VGPolyglot said:
Farsala said:

The way it is for me, if I see blood in real life I get sick, but in media I tend to be fine with it.

I am fine with my own blood and blood of people close to me most of the time. But if its like a gory wound, then it's hard to not be squeamish, I get this feeling around my heart. I could never be a doctor. For media, it depends on how realistic it is.

Around the Network

Nope not prude at all, nudity is totally natural, it's clothes that are the artificial thing. The problem is that nudity has become a crime and something is very wrong there.
I don't know why society has made nudity a crime and to really make things illogical, some parts of the body are fine in the nude. You can see people's legs, feet, arms, chest (for men) etc but not genitals as if those were not as much part of the body as the rest.

My theory is that religion is the origin of this illogical behavior and while religion has seriously receded in the west, the notion that nudity is sinful or evil or not appropriate for humans has remained as a residual belief.

Yes. Actually not just seeing people naked, but seeing a man in a speedo/swim trunks or a woman in a bikini too. But in same cases like hijab, niqab etc. it's too far for me.

Prude, no. Pervert, absolutely.

HomokHarcos said:
Yes. Actually not just seeing people naked, but seeing a man in a speedo/swim trunks or a woman in a bikini too. But in same cases like hijab, niqab etc. it's too far for me.

But what about a women in a hijab with a bikini mid drift and pants on?

Ka-pi96 said:
Depends. Seeing other people naked isn't an issue for me, but I don't like other people seeing me naked.

And now that you said that, I wanna see you naked...